Hacking EZFlash iV, sav files, and Gameshark Snapshots

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Essentially, how can I have Gameshark Snapshots (that I downloaded from GameFaqs) work in the save files I have in my EZ Flash iV? I know that the EZ Flash Client and VBA make .sav files in different ways, hence simply making a .sav with VBA after importing the sps file then overwriting the sav file in the saver folder of my memory card does not work. (I tried.)

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The hardware route:
You will need a gameshark, not the one from madcattz. If the rom required save type patching before use, the save snapshot will not be compatible for use.

The software route:
VBA can be used to import the snapshot to create a save you can use. If the rom required save type patching before use on the EZ-Flash IV, the save snapshot will not be compatible for use.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
As far as I know, the patching on emerald is to adjust the save size not the format. Be aware that the EZ-Flash IV does not have RTC, making any time based events useless like getting berrys etc.

Other than that you should be able to use the save directly after you convert it through VBA.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am not fretting about RTC events.
Just for confirmation, should I take the save made by the Client , convert the save with VBA, then replace the original save in the card with the new save?

lamfp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for confirmation, should I take the save made by the Client , convert the save with VBA, then replace the original save in the card with the new save?
Okay. What you do, is you take the snapshot file and import it into vba, and then save the game. (IN VBA). Take the sav file that pops up after you save and copy it onto the card, it should work.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay. What you do, is you take the snapshot file and import it into vba, and then save the game. (IN VBA). Take the sav file that pops up after you save and copy it onto the card, it should work.
I meant to say: "Should VBA use the .sav file that the client made, or should VBA make its own save file?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat