EZFlash 3in1 - NOR flashing save problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by K_Gator, Jun 22, 2010.

Jun 22, 2010
  1. K_Gator
    OP

Newcomer K_Gator Newbie

United States
    Soooo, I was messing around with flashing GBA roms to the NOR on my EZflashV 3in1. It works beautifully, and I have no problems with keeping the save. However, I DO have a problem when I flash the NOR with a different game, and then flash back to a game I was playing before - the save file is corrupted (OH NOES GOLDEN SUN [​IMG] ). If I boot into AKAIO, it'll load/back up the GBA sav file just fine. When I flash back to a game I was playing before, after erasing the game that was on the NOR it'll say "Loading GBA sav" before loading the rom, so I assumed it was working, but the save is always corrupted.

Now, I know what you're thinking - "Just use the built in firmware that AKAIO/GBAExploader to use the RAM on 3in1, don't use NOR! But! I like to take the 3in1 out of my DS, and play the games on my GBA micro (which might seem silly, but I find it more satisfying ). The save still backs up fine when I plug the 3in1 back into the DS and load the AKAIO firmware on my ak2, but the files are corrupt when I load a new game.

So if anyone knows a surefire way around this problem, God bless you, and please tell me! I don't mind experimenting if nobody knows for sure, but I'm 4 dungeons into the Minish Cap, so if anyone knows how to for sure, that would be awesome. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Depending on wheither you dumped your own rom of LoZ:MC or downloaded it, you might have to manually SRAM patch the game for your saves not to go corrupt if it wasn't already patched for you.

3. K_Gator
    OP

Newcomer K_Gator Newbie

United States
    Okay, actually, it will work (flash to a different game, then flash back and keep the save from before) but won't work with any other roms (ones I've downloaded). :/

Edit: Okay, it'll work with the games Ninja Five-0 and LoZMC, but not the games Metroid Zero Mission and FFVI (all downloaded). [​IMG]

4. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    metroid games use SRAM for save type, you don't need to patch those. As for FF VI, it also uses SRAM for save type. It is more likely where ever you got those roms from, they have been patched for use with something else, like a supercard or something.

5. K_Gator
    OP

Newcomer K_Gator Newbie

United States
    Hmm, I've used several different sources, and Zero Mission doesn't seem to work. It's weird that some will work and some won't. Weird, and very annoying lol.

6. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    If your using a game manager of some kind, it might be patching your games without you knowing it.