mjolnir_markiv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello again!

My EZ5i is acting strange sometimes. Some games just freeze occasionally, this happens very seldom and with no particular reason. I didn't test many games on it yet, but found one, recent game that freezes in the begining every time if "soft reset" is on (that's being japan-only A Ressha de Ikou, know as A-Train here). Besides this my EZ5i works fine.

Kernel 1.90ob11, firmware... I don't know, how can I check it? Upgrading to v5 (if not already) will solve my problem?

Thanks for your attention!

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The firmware v5 is here to fix freezing problem, so definitevely i recommand you to upgrade your EZ5i.
Concerning recent games, the softreset file resetsp.bin always needs adjustement when a game won't start with it.
BTW, the team has provided a new mode called "mode 2" which is supposed to find by itself the way to correctly patch the game so the softreset work. Have you tried that ?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You have received another ez5i (i remember you having problem with an ez5i last month) ?
Which microSD do you use on it (brand/size/made in) ?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The games crash because there is a design flaw, it's not actually big enough to fit snugly into the DSi and my microSD card is fine, it's a Kingston 4GB Japanese made card model SC4 which is one of the most popular 4GB cards for flash cards and is one of the better ones supposedly. I notice that sometimes when I boot up my DSi, the card will not appear as being in the slot, yet if I push it in a little bit, it pops up on the menu so obviously the cartridge slot does not fit the card properly and usually my games crash when the card gets bumped or tapped, I put a protective case around my DSi though and it has yet to crash on me while playing.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The games crash because there is a design flaw, it's not actually big enough to fit snugly into the DSi and my microSD card is fine, it's a Kingston 4GB Japanese made card model SC4 which is one of the most popular 4GB cards for flash cards and is one of the better ones supposedly. I notice that sometimes when I boot up my DSi, the card will not appear as being in the slot, yet if I push it in a little bit, it pops up on the menu so obviously the cartridge slot does not fit the card properly and usually my games crash when the card gets bumped or tapped, I put a protective case around my DSi though and it has yet to crash on me while playing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks