Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ez5logo.gif
EZ5+ announced.
Updated EZ5 to launch.
Much like the earlier EZFlash products and more recently the SC DS-ONE the EZ5 is to be relaunched under the EZ5+ moniker. The main listed improvement is the addition of SDHC support (for those that missed it SDHC is a new type of memory card the same physical size as the SD incarnations before it but capable of storing much more data (32 gigabytes compared to 2 gigabytes of the standard SD spec, SDHC explained)

click for larger image​

From the relaunched website
As an old-brand in flash card business , EZFLASH have produced many popular products ever since the GBA era, based on their core philosophy:"quality and services". Each success represents the customer's recognition of the EZFLASH team.

Before the coming Olympics 2008 in Beijing, EZFLASH brings a brand new upgraded version of the widely welcomed EZ-FLASH V. It's called EZ-FLASH V Plus.(EZ5 Plus for short). It's more like a breakthrough than not just a simply upgrade of EZ5. Using the ACTEL ProASIC2 A3P250 as its core processor, EZ5 Plus has wider compatibility and higher stability. More than that, it also be configurated with the first dualcheat engine in the world, support up to 256gb high speed MicroSDHC card. It's a masterpiece of the modern DS flash card.

With the SDHC support scheme and the Hybrid mode developed by EZFLASH team, EZ5 Plus can realise extremely high speed in reading or running even the MicroSDHC are CLASS 2. Compared with those low-end flash cards using software processing, EZ5 Plus is more stable in running games and definitely without dragging or system hang.

Equipped with the first ARDS+CHT dualcheat engine customers can apply many type of cheats with EZ5 Plus making it very convenient for players to find and use cheat. This is an important breakthrough in EZFLASH usability.

Besides the advantages mentioned, EZ5 Plus further supports the file operation including copy, paste and delete in DS. EZ5 Plus makes it easy to manage all types of files.
Features:

Stable, Compatible

* NOPASS technology, no need to modify DS console, no harm to the console, keeps console warranty.
* Side plugin, prevent the MicroSD/SDHC suddenly ejecting, looks like original card
* Support official Slot2 expansion device (commonly known as the EZFlash 3 in 1)
* Softreset reduces the chance of damage to the power switch
* Support MicroSD/SDHC, high capacity, high speed, no speed drop.
* Direct save to MicroSD/SDHC meaning no more lost saves.

Easy to Use

* Plug and play, no more passme
* Drag and play, no more conversion software
* Easy to manage. supports copy and delete
* Easy to link. Support GBA/DS game linker, support single card download play.

MultiMedia

* Video player, support DPG 1.0 and 2.0
* Music player, support mp3, wav, mod
* Text reading with bookmark support
* Picture viewing, support jpg, bmp and png

Interface, operation

* Graphic user interface, what you see is what you control
* Game list with thumbnail, icon size adjustable
* Support touch screen and hot key
* Skin changeable, support skin remake

Expansion

* RAM expansion, support offcial web browser
* Rumble support, strength adjustable
* GBA game support
* Light control adjustable
* Homebrew support, autoDLDI supported
* Use as a passme/nopass to boot GBA slot/slot2 cards.

In related EZ5 news ARDS support (compatible with the r4/M3dss cheat library) was added in the beta line (open beta 12 and open beta 13).

Beta13 changelog
Support EZ-FLASH V Plus
Fixed some ARDS code translate
EZ5SDHC DLDI included

icon11.gif
GBAtemp link

Thanks to Mbmax at sosukes for the news.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those wondering about SDHC for the existing EZ5 the core of the EZ5 would have to be reflashed (Windirt (EZTeam head coder/forum admin/US forum rep) spoke of this some months back and if necessary I will try and dig up a link) which the EZTeam are reluctant to do as it could lead to clones being manufactured more easily as it is the core of the EZ5.

There are a few rays of hope.
Should you want to send it back then it may be possible (shipping both ways is going to be around $50 US or so). Note though that this has yet to be offered at more than a theoretical stage (if we did make support then...)
The code is encrypted so you may be able to flash the chip yourself with a premade "binary" (and the chip in question is used in a fair few flash carts and mod chips. Equally this is has not gone the past the theoretical stage.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Some good news. Good they decided to add SDHC support.
I've recieved an EZ Flash V from Kickgaming, and have yet to tinker with it.
They look high-quality though.

Expect to see an EZ Flash V Guide / F.A.Q. in the near future.
wink.gif

Also, the site looks very nice now. You should also check out the SuperCard website, it got remodeled too.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to see other carts going with the SDHC support route. It's especially good for those with short attention spans like me to have all that space to work with. More choices in SDHC supported carts is always good.
smile.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice, looks great. I have an EZ V right now, and am looking at this one to upgrade to. EZ Flash team is a very good team

When is this being released?

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad they're coming out with SDHC card. Darn, somehow I wish I didn't get an Edge yet >.> I really like that copy/paste/delete thing, saves me couple minutes of booting into DS Organize and such. And this being an EzV with integrated Moonshell, would make a nice media player T___T

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

SchuchWun

Trophies
Website
videogamehackers.ca
XP
Country
Canada
AHHH this pisses me off... Just cause they are greedy for more money they have to rebrand the same piece of shit with a +.... I hope to god they just update the regular EZ5 as this would make all those EZ5 users who JUST bought their cart seem like they wasted their money...
hate2.gif
wtf.gif

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
AHHH this pisses me off... Just cause they are greedy for more money they have to rebrand the same piece of shit with a +.... I hope to god they just update the regular EZ5 as this would make all those EZ5 users who JUST bought their cart seem like they wasted their money...

Buyers remorse is a beautiful thing
smile.gif

And there far from the first to make you buy a new card to name a few

SCDS One
M3 Sakura

Shit changes get over it and be glad they decided to make it support SDHC where is the R4 now?

And EZ5 is far from a "piece of shit"

SchuchWun

Trophies
Website
videogamehackers.ca
XP
Country
Canada
Jack-Of-Trades said:
smile.gif

SCDS One
M3 Sakura

Shit changes get over it and be glad they decided to make it support SDHC where is the R4 now?

If there was something NEW and EXCITING about the cart other then "plus" which I assure you is only to make more money.... then I wouldn't care... BUT this is far from being "new" or "exciting", more like "lame"....

And yes the EZ5 IS a really big piece of Shite... It crashes more times then my N5...

just my 2 cents.

Acekard 2 and RPG beat EZflash 5++ without even breaking a sweat...
lecture.gif

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SchuchWun said:
Jack-Of-Trades said:
smile.gif

SCDS One
M3 Sakura

If there was something NEW and EXCITING about the cart other then "plus" which I assure you is only to make more money.... then I wouldn't care... BUT this is far from being "new" or "exciting", more like "lame"....

And yes the EZ5 IS a really big piece of Shite... It crashes more times then my N5...

just my 2 cents.

lecture.gif

I vehemently disagree. My EZFlash V never crashed once for me in the 2 months I had it for

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SchuchWun said:
lecture.gif

If you had been paying attention or had even read FATS's post , you'd know even the rep from ez who visits the unofficial/english ez forum said SDHC was on the table for a EZV revision. As to updates for the software, I imagine they will be backwards compatible for new features as many are being tested in public betas right now.

The changelog for the current open beta being:
QUOTE said:
Kernel 1.72 open beta13

change since 1.72 open beta 12
Support EZ-FLASH V Plus
EZ5SDHC DLDI included
Which says a lot to me about backwards compatibility.

And to quote the ez reb himself:
windirt
only difference is the SDHC support between both products.

SchuchWun

Trophies
Website
videogamehackers.ca
XP
Country
Canada
cory1492 said:
SchuchWun said:
lecture.gif

If you had been paying attention or had even read FATS's post , you'd know even the rep from ez who visits the unofficial/english ez forum said SDHC was on the table for a EZV revision. As to updates for the software, I imagine they will be backwards compatible for new features as many are being tested in public betas right now.

The changelog for the current open beta being:
QUOTE said:
Kernel 1.72 open beta13

change since 1.72 open beta 12
Support EZ-FLASH V Plus
EZ5SDHC DLDI included
Which says a lot to me about backwards compatibility.

And to quote the ez reb himself:
windirt
only difference is the SDHC support between both products.

I know that they are working on it but compared to other new entries on the market they are severely behind on development. To enter a NEW cart that is only a smidgen better then the original that offers the same features other then what MicroSD capacity it can accept is not a good thing. A very loose example is what happened to the Toyota Echo, which is now the Yaris, same car, a few minor upgrades but none the less the same...

Mind you this is all theroetical since this product doesn't exist yet. Maybe when it finaly gets released I will change my opinion.

Until then this is utter crap and nothing more then milking the profits.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SchuchWun said:
Jack-Of-Trades said:
smile.gif

SCDS One
M3 Sakura

just my 2 cents.

lecture.gif

Yeah, mine has never crashed, so I don't know what you're doing wrong. And if you hate it so much, why'd you buy it?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I am with you on the "EZ5 is meh better choices exist" mindset, the cart is definitely not "shit", and any improvements are certainly welcome by me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: