Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Its hard to describe. I suppose its more of a click then a snap... Its louder then the EZ4 regular, but only by a little bit. The GBA cover is quieter then the two. It does seem to fit OK though, and its working fine.

so? happy? rate ur satisfaction? i'm thinking u're having a 6.5-7?

im hoping mine's coming this afternoon, in the ups tracking it says >> PACKAGE DATA PROCESSED BY BROKERAGE. WAITING FOR CLEARANCE;RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT FOR DELIVERY

then again, i dun have the micro sd yet
rofl2.gif
... coz local store here only got up to 512.. so yesterday, i decided to ebay it...

It seems a lot shoddier then the EZ4. But the cart works just as well. Its nice to not have anything sticking out majorly, and use removeable storage to boot. I'd give it like an 8 out of 10.

Is the way it sticks out a bit very noticable?

To the casual observer, no. It sticks out just a little past the volume slider on the DSL. The colour is a nice match, but not glossy. It doesn't have the tab that the GBA cover has, but I don't care.

So it came with something to link the MicroSD (or SD) card to the computer, right?

Same SD reader that comes with the EZ4, yes. You'll need a TF to SD adapter.

QUOTE(illumina @ Jun 19 2006, 07:48 PM)
I think he meant no passkey used for testing the EZ4 lite. I'm sure he used one for flashing his DS.

Yeah, hankchill (another GBAtemp member) flashed it for me.

Pics (sorry, the light in this room is garbage, therefore so are my pics):

Redux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, post the initial hassles - how many things are still bugging you besides the uncomfortable "clicking" that the cart makes as it goes into the GBA slot?

(Thanks for the informative posts, btw)

EDIT: Oh, and does the EZ4 Lite come packed inside the white casing already? I'm just assuming.

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm glad I didn't rush into getting one of these now, it looks kind of messy the tiny bit it does stick out (way better than mini sd cards though yeah) and the build quality sounds shoddy.

Could you test the Castlevania intro on the micro sd and rate it like they do on the M3 wiki? And what brand is it etc. It's what I'm most interested to hear about since no one's tested a micro sd before.
biggrin.gif

http://m3wiki.emuparadise.org/index.php/Media_Card

kutis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
woohoo.. mine just arrived...

physically perfect (aside from the micro sd slot - which i havent got it yet).. i've got no snapping sound whatsoever.. it just slides and lock in smoothly...

btw, i got cheap sandisk transflash 1gig.. it'll do rite? coz yesterday i didnt read carefully when bidding.. i saw 1 that's cheap, and i bid on it (which i already won), rite before my exam start...

darkandlong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So, post the initial hassles - how many things are still bugging you besides the uncomfortable "clicking" that the cart makes as it goes into the GBA slot?

(Thanks for the informative posts, btw)

EDIT: Oh, and does the EZ4 Lite come packed inside the white casing already? I'm just assuming.

After the initial hassles, the cart is just fine. As I sated earlier the "clicking" is a little louder then the EZ4 regular, so its possible I'm just being anal about it. The cart comes assembled in white.

I'm glad I didn't rush into getting one of these now, it looks kind of messy the tiny bit it does stick out (way better than mini sd cards though yeah) and the build quality sounds shoddy.

Could you test the Castlevania intro on the micro sd and rate it like they do on the M3 wiki? And what brand is it etc. It's what I'm most interested to hear about since no one's tested a micro sd before.
biggrin.gif

http://m3wiki.emuparadise.org/index.php/Media_Card

The intro skips. The intro skipped on the EZ4 regular, using both a 60x A-data and 150x Stargem mini SD card. I figured it would do the same with my sandisk 1gb micro SD. There are no slowdowns in the games I've tested though. I'd say it has somehting to do with the cart, and not the type of media used.

QUOTE(kutis @ Jun 20 2006, 01:07 AM)woohoo.. mine just arrived...

physically perfect (aside from the micro sd slot - which i havent got it yet).. i've got no snapping sound whatsoever.. it just slides and lock in smoothly...

btw, i got cheap sandisk transflash 1gig.. it'll do rite? coz yesterday i didnt read carefully when bidding.. i saw 1 that's cheap, and i bid on it (which i already won), rite before my exam start...

Glad to hear yours was less of a hassle. Again, it might just be my OCD when it comes to the "snapping" noise. I'm using the same micro SD (Sandisk) it should work fine. I'm curious to know if you'll have any issues removing the memory card.

ole jason

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Kingston microsd on the way, I'll post my results when it gets here. I'm not surprised it's hard to get the card in and out. I saw one in a store and it was even tinier than I expected.

meat_puppet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just received my EZ 4 Lite TF yesterday as well. So far, I am very pleased with it. I used use a supercard sd and I must say that that the EZ 4 is much better. As for removing the SD Micro from the EZ 4, I have no problems. It's a little difficult because of the small size, but slides in and out fine and douse not get caught on the plastic housing. It requires a little more (very little) force to push into the slot than the dust cap, but no clicking noise and fits fine.

I just have one question since I am new to EZF, do I have to manually make a .sav file for each game(GBA and DS) in the "SAVER" file?

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just received my EZ 4 Lite TF yesterday as well. So far, I am very pleased with it. I used use a supercard sd and I must say that that the EZ 4 is much better. As for removing the SD Micro from the EZ 4, I have no problems. It's a little difficult because of the small size, but slides in and out fine and douse not get caught on the plastic housing. It requires a little more (very little) force to push into the slot than the dust cap, but no clicking noise and fits fine.

I just have one question since I am new to EZF, do I have to manually make a .sav file for each game(GBA and DS) in the "SAVER" file?

Make you're memory card the default 'output' drive for the patcher software as the Saver folder and files are created on the root of the drive you designated for output.

For instance I output my patched files to a folder on my desktop, but the Saver files are auto created in c:\Saver

..so basically check you're c: root for the Saver folder and files.

Prophecy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested to know how well the EZ4 Lite works with homebrew apps. I'm particularly interested in ScummV, so if any EZ4 owners have used ScummV I'd love to know how well it works. Also, is there any lag when viewing videos from Moon Shell? I'm curious if the speed of the TransFlash cards have any serious impact on performance.

darkandlong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

I'm glad to hear that my issues with removing my TF card may have been an isolated incident. I didn't need to file my EZ4L down that much, so as I suggested it may have just been a plastic burr or something.

As far as the noise is concerned, I'm probably just being anal. it doesn't fit as nicely as the EZ4 regular. At least mine doesn't. But it does fit, so I should probably give it a rest
lecture.gif
laugh.gif

master456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After playing with mine for a little bit, I also have a little difficulty getting the MicroSD card out. I had to use tweezers to pull it out. I'm thinking it's because I don't really have any nails and those cards are really small to start off with. I have a little bit of trouble getting it out of the SD adaptor.

The cart construction feels pretty solid and it snaps in and out of my US DSL w/o any problems and/or "weird" noises.

Hopefully my SuperPass 2 SE will get here soon from Jandaman. Took almost 3 days to ship and 2 states away and it's already been 6 days. Next time I'll just order from Winsunx
frown.gif

EDIT: For those of you in the states I didn't have to pay any add'l customs fees.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol