EZ4 client 1.03 question

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Hansc23, Jan 19, 2010.

Jan 19, 2010

EZ4 client 1.03 question by Hansc23 at 12:09 PM (2,986 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Hansc23
    OP

Newcomer Hansc23 Newbie

Belgium
    Hey everybody,

I just bought a EZ4 for my sons GBM. I allready have a supercard mini sd for the other GBA sp. When I want to use the ez4 client for rom upload i have some troubles. I can not upload more than 25 roms at one time. When I select for example 5 roms in the client, some rom titles dissapear and some rom titles change. I find it very difficult to upload multiple roms in comparaison with the supercard software, where I can select as many roms as i want and the titles stay. In the ez4 client I have to do it one-by-one, and sometimes fill in the rom-title by hand. Is there some solution for this? Thanx in advance, and greetings from Belgium [​IMG]

2. PhoenixT

Newcomer PhoenixT Member

Italy
    I've got only half the solution for myself: EZClient+, found on Sourceforge, may do the tricks. However, since I used it, it was just a barrage of random error translated in spanish. I've never tried it on another PC, so it may be worth a shot. If on your configurations it starts, it'll support the batch copy.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    EZ4Client has naming lists, should the rom not conform to said list it will probably end up being called .nds or .gba and then get overwritten by the next rom that does not conform.

I did however redo the list and the only problem roms on the GBA side should be the ones with hacked headers (a very small section of early roms that have long been propered) and homebrew and maybe the odd rom if it is a region dupe (the sections of the header used can make for collisions on occasion). Changing needs to happen as there are limits to the character lengths, the only real trouble should come with the many games in one titles or if you especially need localised names (I did leave them as romanised or language they were released in/for).

If you have not already grab the packs I put together around here or on sosuke's forum rather than the ezflash.cn site.
    Link:
    http://filetrip.net/f4753-EZ4-Client-2009-04-03.html

If you already have that version can I get some more info as I will need to sort this.

Option 2 is you use another patcher like batchGBA:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=72631

4. Hansc23
    OP

Newcomer Hansc23 Newbie

Belgium
    @FAST6191: Your pack seems to "know" many titles. Didn't check them all yet. Thanks for this. Glad i don't have to do this one-by-one. But it can't multipatch more then 25 roms. But it's allready progress. What i'm doing now is patching them per 25 in another map to check if he does them all and then move to the SD-card.
    What still is not working is the menu for changing the reset keys. Everytime I want to click on a button, the client gives an error and shuts down.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Yeah that got broken during a client update (most of the time it was only patch dll updates).

GBA patching was more or less sorted about 3 versions (I just grabbed a 2007 one) in but if not navigate to c:\windows\temp\ and open ez4para.ini (there is a directory hardcoded inside the app called temp which windows assumes means temp in the windows directory, I have not been able to manually hack it to something else yet but I did not try very hard)
    Back on topic that is the ini file for EZ4client and it has everything in there.

Example for the reset key entry (it will probably not be there at first which may indeed be part of the problem) is as follows:
    Code:
    [KEY]
    A=TRUE
    B=TRUE
    SELECT=FALSE
    START=FALSE
    L=TRUE
    R=FALSE
    UP=TRUE
    DOWN=FALSE
    LEFT=FALSE
    I will however say that while reset works it is not as shiny and polished as it might be.