Hacking Ez3in1 Problems

ToxicPotato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply put - When I go to launch a GBA game from the AK2i menu, it freezes after the Gameboy log flashes. Game never loads. 32kb GBA ROMs. Tried latest GbaExploader or whatever and the games were too large to launch ad it asked for something called a SRAM, somethin I don't know what is. I tried some program that converts GBA files into NDs files. Didn't work either. Please help, or I just wasted 30 bucks and a week of wait for nothing.

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Use AKAIO and forget about GBAEXPLOADER...

If you use oficial acekard system, then EVERY time you "mount" the gba rom to 3in1 with exploader, the game will never starts. In this case just power off/on ds, and go to menu, where you get MSD, SLOT 2... there will be gba game instead of slot2... RUN it and enjoy...

AKAIO is better, you set the some options and the game starts directly and without troubles (freezing etc)

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
What system do you use?

AKAIO + GBA exploader or oficial Acekard os + Gba exploader?

The first group is USELESS because AKAIO got its own GBA LOADER and it works great.
U only go to menu, choose the gba rom game and wait...

In settings of 3in1 (u can find it in second list in akaio menu) enable automatic NOR Mode and allow Backup GBA save at startup. That is all.

The game will starts as quick as you run NDS rom.

BUT - if you want to get the game longer time on your 3in1, just FLASH TO NOR the game... it takes more time to do that, but when you power off/on your ds, the game still will be in 3in1 (the slot2 card will always show as gba game, till you ERASE NOR or FLASH TO NOR another game)

ToxicPotato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
penthaler said:
What system do you use?

AKAIO + GBA exploader or oficial Acekard os + Gba exploader?

The first group is USELESS because AKAIO got its own GBA LOADER and it works great.
U only go to menu, choose the gba rom game and wait...

In settings of 3in1 (u can find it in second list in akaio menu) enable automatic NOR Mode and allow Backup GBA save at startup. That is all.

The game will starts as quick as you run NDS rom.

BUT - if you want to get the game longer time on your 3in1, just FLASH TO NOR the game... it takes more time to do that, but when you power off/on your ds, the game still will be in 3in1 (the slot2 card will always show as gba game, till you ERASE NOR or FLASH TO NOR another game)

Loads fast, but stays on a white screen after the Gameboy logo.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most likely EEPROM save type, you have to patch those before playing.

To find a list of games that use EEPROM:
EEPROM.png

Then use any gba compatible patcher in the download section.

ToxicPotato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither one is EEPROM. I'm starting to think I should've mentioned that they have patches on them... MOTHER 3 Translation and Pokemon Rijon Adventures.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
do you have a 3in1+ ?

the newest 3in1 is the 3in1+ (plus). it is not fully supported by akaio or gba exploader. in akaio you will need to flash to nor and then run what is in nor by using the slot2 selection from the nds firmware. i think gba exploader .58b works better on the 3in1+

too bad rudolph spent time decrypting and hacking akaio for clone r4s when he could have been fixing gba exploader to work on the 3in1+

the first 3in1 and the 3in1new (2nd version) are no longer sold. the + addes 64 mb of NOR but only the ezflash software can currently do a gba multiboot setup. you can find out what 3in1 you have by looking at the top of the gba exploader menu.

this might help: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130659

if you are having psram issues as well double check that the rom/homebrew you are using has a valid gba header.
try this tool: http://filetrip.net/f223-GBATA--GBA-Tool-Advance-0-7a.html

more info on the 3in1: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit..._for_EZ-Flash_V

-another world

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your problem is a size issue. You have to load those to NOR.

In AKAIO, you bring up the properties window of the game by pressing Y then you press the middle button to flash to NOR. Looks something like this:
IMG_150257c.jpg

If you configed your AKAIO to automatically load it to NOR, you can usually skip this.

As for the Mother 3 and the translation patch. That depends on where you got your copy.

In most cases you will have to do it in this order to get the game to run under AKAIO:
A. IPS english patch your game.
B. SRAM patch Mother 3.
C. Trim the game to fit.

ToxicPotato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I IPS patch Mother 3 if it's 32 MB?

EDIT: And where is there even an IPS patch for it? All I can find is the "Mother 3 Fan Translation Patch" at the wobbo or whatever site, of which I cannot find an IPS.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so really big games automatically get flashed to NOR? That explains why Kingdom Hearts doesn't run straight out the box for me...

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do not use crippling noobish questions about where to download when we have a download section with all the tools to use. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt you had some damn skills about using the resources of this site, but if you wish me to talk down to you, i can do that as well.

The english patch is a IPS file. You can find several IPS patchers by using the search in the download section. Just pick one that looks easy to use. Same thing for a GBA trimmer.

ToxicPotato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Do not use crippling noobish questions about where to download when we have a download section with all the tools to use. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt you had some damn skills about using the resources of this site, but if you wish me to talk down to you, i can do that as well.

The english patch is a IPS file. You can find several IPS patchers by using the search in the download section. Just pick one that looks easy to use. Same thing for a GBA trimmer.

Sorry. Well, I fixed it. Thank you for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: