Hacking EZ-Writer + Ez Cart 256MB

megabug7

Forum Relic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought this for a friend of mine a few years ago.

I was then able to get a few games on it.
A couple of days ago he wanted me to change them and I can not for my life locate the software needed - I've literally tried EVERYTHING - The driver is installed perfectly.

I've tried EZ Writer II 1.02, 1.04, 2,06
I've tried Various EZ Clients 3.11, 3.20, 3.24, 3.25
I've also tried the EZ Managers

EZ Writer - on some it says 'No Cart' or 'Non EZ Cart' on others it just says 'one game on cart' EZ loader. - There are 4 games on the cart.

EZ Clients Freezes on a few - some say No Cart, one said 'Non EZ' with below the EZ Loader.

Could someone give me some advice on what is the correct software that will detect the card and allow me to change the games. The card works fine as it plays the games on it perfectly - The EZ-Writer seems to do what it's supposed to although I've only used it once before and since then it's been in it's box.

Also I have another Flash card - the sucky Slimloader III + XG2 Turbo. Which also doesn't seem to detect the drivers.
I also do not know what is the correct software for it.

My own EZFA Realtime cart works fine. So I'm quite confused.

Thanks

Jarvik7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds to me like a flakey connection on either the cart connector or the usb connector, try playing around with them. Also, try formatting the card. Mine will say non ez card if I had previously used the xg software (there was a dispute between the creators), or if the cart isn't in the writer just right.

Reminds me of trying to get the carts just right in my NES...

megabug7

Forum Relic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for necroposting - but just in case people have similar problems

Disabling USB Composite Device in Device Manager and then rebooting will fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*