EZ-V, works with 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hermessz, Mar 30, 2011.

Mar 30, 2011

EZ-V, works with 3DS? by Hermessz at 7:39 PM (1,941 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Hermessz
    OP

Member Hermessz GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Hi, is there a kernel for an EZ V plus which works for 3DS? I've seen only a kernel for EZ-Vi over the web...
    plus, any kernel which supports R4i-SDHC? Tried to update to last-kernel which found (1.35b) and it doesn't boot in my 3DS.

Thanks in advance.

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Kernel =/= Firmware

You need a firmware update to play on DSi/3DS, and most R4i clones are SHIT and just want your money so every time a new DSi firmware came out they made a new card, not an update (also, updatable flashcards are more expensive to make).

3. Hermessz
    OP

Israel
    I understand, any way the current flashcarts I own can be updated? (which are EZV plus and that R4iSDHC)

4. blaydes99

Newcomer blaydes99 Member

Looks like EZVi is your best option, if you can get ahold of one. It should last the lifetime of 3DS updates.

EZV+ doesn't have any 3ds support yet, but keep checking at the EZflash forums and maybe it will come out?

Official EZV forum:
    http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewforum.php?f=...a0572fa5c2e453a

5. mark0217

Newcomer mark0217 Advanced Member

Chile
    I really doubt they'll update it at all, they won't even bother fixing the games that won't work on EZ-Flash V.
    Might as well get yourself a VI, or one of their better and more supported competition (SC DSTWO, Acekard 2i).

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    +1 to twiztidsinz

No the EZ5 plus will not work on a 3ds this side of a hacked firmware for the 3ds- it does not have the internal upgrade capacity to mimic things well enough to do it.
    The EZ5i on the other hand does have such an ability (it was built for the DSi but it seems to have held up for the 3ds as well, thus far at least).

The R4i-SDHC- unfortunately not. These cards do support the 3ds at some level but the internal firmware can not be updated in any real way (they were the first proper casualty of the DSi firmware updates). Apparently they are now shipping 3ds compatible versions but as mentioned there is no legacy support.

7. Hermessz
    OP

Israel
    Ok, thank you for the answer [​IMG]
    Unfortunately getting good flashcarts is pretty hard around here,
    so I guess I'll stick playing DS games with my DSL.

8. mark0217

Newcomer mark0217 Advanced Member

Chile
    Some stores (mostly the ones based off Hong Kong) have worldwide free shipping, so if you have a credit card and don't mind waiting a few weeks, you can purchase them for a fair price. That's what I did, I live in a dark corner of the world myself [​IMG] Cheers!

9. xinyyy78

Newcomer xinyyy78 Member

China
    it's not EZ-V,it's EZ-Vi.but i think DSTWO is better than EZ-Vi

10. OmerMe

Member OmerMe GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    He has an EZV, not an EZVi.
    The EZVi was released when the DSi came out, and has an updateable firmware, which previous EZ-Team flashcarts lack.