Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi, is there a kernel for an EZ V plus which works for 3DS? I've seen only a kernel for EZ-Vi over the web...
plus, any kernel which supports R4i-SDHC? Tried to update to last-kernel which found (1.35b) and it doesn't boot in my 3DS.

Thanks in advance.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kernel =/= Firmware

You need a firmware update to play on DSi/3DS, and most R4i clones are SHIT and just want your money so every time a new DSi firmware came out they made a new card, not an update (also, updatable flashcards are more expensive to make).

mark0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I really doubt they'll update it at all, they won't even bother fixing the games that won't work on EZ-Flash V.
Might as well get yourself a VI, or one of their better and more supported competition (SC DSTWO, Acekard 2i).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
+1 to twiztidsinz

No the EZ5 plus will not work on a 3ds this side of a hacked firmware for the 3ds- it does not have the internal upgrade capacity to mimic things well enough to do it.
The EZ5i on the other hand does have such an ability (it was built for the DSi but it seems to have held up for the 3ds as well, thus far at least).

The R4i-SDHC- unfortunately not. These cards do support the 3ds at some level but the internal firmware can not be updated in any real way (they were the first proper casualty of the DSi firmware updates). Apparently they are now shipping 3ds compatible versions but as mentioned there is no legacy support.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Ok, thank you for the answer
smile.gif

Unfortunately getting good flashcarts is pretty hard around here,
so I guess I'll stick playing DS games with my DSL.

mark0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Some stores (mostly the ones based off Hong Kong) have worldwide free shipping, so if you have a credit card and don't mind waiting a few weeks, you can purchase them for a fair price. That's what I did, I live in a dark corner of the world myself
tongue.gif
Cheers!

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
xinyyy78 said:
it's not EZ-V,it's EZ-Vi.but i think DSTWO is better than EZ-Vi
He has an EZV, not an EZVi.
The EZVi was released when the DSi came out, and has an updateable firmware, which previous EZ-Team flashcarts lack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone