Hacking EZ-V 3-In-1, or M3 Simply+Lite?

masterofpsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've pretty much made up my mind, and I'm getting some form of DS flashing hardware. However, I'm stuck on whether to get an M3 Simply and Lite, or the EZ-V 3in1.
unsure.gif
I'd mostly be using it to emulate SNES, GB/C, DS, and NES games. So... What should I get?

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want to save money then I suggest the EZ-V 3 In 1. And as for the M3 Simply and the Lite, you pretty much just paying for the M3 name there.

The best setup I could reccomend which I want, would be the R4 + the EZIV. (compact does only GBA games and is cheaper but no rumble). But to be the most cost effective and to have the best compatbility thats what I would reccomend.

R4 and the EZ IV (compact for only GBA) (deluxe for NDS and GBA)

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to save money then I suggest the EZ-V 3 In 1. And as for the M3 Simply and the Lite, you pretty much just paying for the M3 name there.

The best setup I could reccomend which I want, would be the R4 + the EZIV. (compact does only GBA games and is cheaper but no rumble). But to be the most cost effective and to have the best compatbility thats what I would reccomend.

R4 and the EZ IV (compact for only GBA) (deluxe for NDS and GBA)

compact only plays small gba roms and almost every ds rom, guess you are wrong, if you decent gba support you have to get an ez4 ***deluxe*** compact is just as m3 pro or supercard rumble, gbacart with gba support crippled

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If emulation is really what you plan on mostly doing w/ your flash kit I'd probably just get an EZ4 or Supercard. M3 is more expensive and isn't going to run the emulators any better for the most part, especially w/ the growing support of DLDI. I wouldn't even bother w/ a slot 1 card for emulation right now... As many of the emulators I use are the GBA versions rather then the DS versions, the flash cart I use obviously is going to need GBA support (ie slot 2 carts and the EZ5 3-in-1), and for emulation/homebrew there really isn't much point in have both a slot 1 and slot 2 device.

That being said, I have serious doubts you'd regret the 3-in-1 or the M3 combo... Other then the M3 combo would be way more money then you'd really need to spend.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
R4 is right now ahead of EZ5 simply due to software stability (soft reset anyone?). Certainly EZ5 has some good things like its handling of clean and hybrid roms and compatibility etc, but before the last 1.36 kernel update its software can be seen as a failure with the serious save corruption problems, which really shouldn't have existed in the first place for a launch product. Even right now its soft reset isn't perfect (close to, but not).

The ez5 expansion pack also have some limitations, ie. only 1 gba rom been written at any one time to norflash (very slow), and its rumble isn't quite the original thing.

I only got the ez5 after the 1.36 kernel update, if you can live with all the above-mentioned things, it would be worth a consideration for you too.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EZ team always updated their software in their timely fashion. I dont see how the software before was a failure since only a few people had the save problems ....

EZ-5 been working fine for me since day 1 , most issue's are microSD based more then ez-5 errors ....

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, the r4 sucks with any 2GB card, but due to the hybrid tool, the ezv is superb even with 2GB cards.

some people may argue for drag'n'drop, but i argue for more space.

i suggest the ultra combo.

dsc01022ip8.jpg

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah ez4 deluxe rocks as a slot two, but even though its nearly perfectly flush, its imperfect and sticks out about 1 - 1.5 mm.

although my solution for that (rather than modding it, making it look dodgy) is to get a protective case for your ds, and so the extra thickness from the case completely hides the sticking out. ^^

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would recommend the M3 for one particular reason over and above the usual compatibility issues - both the M3 Lite & M3 Simply have spring-loaded microSD slots. You have NO IDEA what a help this is. The EZ-IV does not have spring loaded slots, and unless you have really tiny fingers/long nails, the card is virtually impossible to insert/remove. I don't really care what anyone says, it is a HUGE PAIN, and really detracts from the cart as a whole, no matter how good the technology inside is.

Just my two cents.

other

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would recommend the M3 for one particular reason over and above the usual compatibility issues - both the M3 Lite & M3 Simply have spring-loaded microSD slots. You have NO IDEA what a help this is. The EZ-IV does not have spring loaded slots, and unless you have really tiny fingers/long nails, the card is virtually impossible to insert/remove. I don't really care what anyone says, it is a HUGE PAIN, and really detracts from the cart as a whole, no matter how good the technology inside is.

Just my two cents.

Are you removing the microSD by "lifting up" the plastic of the shell to get a grip around the microSD from both sides? If you do, I find it really easy to take out the microSD card. Before I discovered that however, I thought it was nearly impossible.

Edit: To clarify, I'm talking about the EZ4, I don't know anything about the EZ5.

masterofpsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many choices...
blink.gif

Spring-loaded doesn't bother me, and I'd really like to run opera... I'm thinking at this point it's going to be the 3-in-1. Is there any word on whether the 3-in-1 supports NDS/GBA linkage?
EDIT: Woops just read the site, they say they have it
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I mean, I've never seen a message on a thread with more than 30 reactions at max
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just be a mod, insta likes for xp
    +2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    and based on the table reactions only give 1 xp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And insta fear from your enemies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i always posted on the eof meme threads
    xp is arbitrary anyway
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just like the like system people think it matters
    likes got introduced like years after I joined
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still feel as if they take away conversation
    post anything dumb, people will like it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs
    perhaps the rag tag team of idiots isn't awake yet...
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    When I remake my Wii system menu theme I'm gonna publish it to GBAtemp for people to have it if they want to idk I'm bored
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or busy humping each other
    digital circle jerk
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Zoom dcj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please stop wanking during this meeting
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @DinohScene, "rag tag team of idiots" you mean me? :tpi:
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh yeah @K3Nv2 I got that power bank in the other day, thing is pretty sweet. Seems legit
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Oh yeah @K3Nv2 I got that power bank in the other day, thing is pretty sweet. Seems legit