EZ-V 3-In-1, or M3 Simply+Lite?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by masterofpsi, Feb 19, 2007.

Feb 19, 2007
  1. masterofpsi
    OP

Newcomer masterofpsi Newbie

United States
    Well, I've pretty much made up my mind, and I'm getting some form of DS flashing hardware. However, I'm stuck on whether to get an M3 Simply and Lite, or the EZ-V 3in1. [​IMG] I'd mostly be using it to emulate SNES, GB/C, DS, and NES games. So... What should I get?

2. stop_loading

Member stop_loading GBAtemp Regular

wait for m3 real?

3. Propionation

Newcomer Propionation Advanced Member

United States
    I would agree wait for all the companies to roll out with their products then decide. Probably only have to wait till March till it happens.

4. Verocity

Member Verocity Ö!

United States
    If you want to save money then I suggest the EZ-V 3 In 1. And as for the M3 Simply and the Lite, you pretty much just paying for the M3 name there.

The best setup I could reccomend which I want, would be the R4 + the EZIV. (compact does only GBA games and is cheaper but no rumble). But to be the most cost effective and to have the best compatbility thats what I would reccomend.

R4 and the EZ IV (compact for only GBA) (deluxe for NDS and GBA)

5. xabier

Member xabier GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    compact only plays small gba roms and almost every ds rom, guess you are wrong, if you decent gba support you have to get an ez4 ***deluxe*** compact is just as m3 pro or supercard rumble, gbacart with gba support crippled

6. Verocity

Member Verocity Ö!

United States
    woops [​IMG] got mixed up sorry. Well then I recommend the deluxe instead [​IMG].

7. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    If emulation is really what you plan on mostly doing w/ your flash kit I'd probably just get an EZ4 or Supercard. M3 is more expensive and isn't going to run the emulators any better for the most part, especially w/ the growing support of DLDI. I wouldn't even bother w/ a slot 1 card for emulation right now... As many of the emulators I use are the GBA versions rather then the DS versions, the flash cart I use obviously is going to need GBA support (ie slot 2 carts and the EZ5 3-in-1), and for emulation/homebrew there really isn't much point in have both a slot 1 and slot 2 device.

That being said, I have serious doubts you'd regret the 3-in-1 or the M3 combo... Other then the M3 combo would be way more money then you'd really need to spend.

8. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    I would definitely go with the EZ5 3-in-1. You would spend much more than necessary if you bought the M3s.

9. Arkansaw

Member Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

East Timor
    R4 is right now ahead of EZ5 simply due to software stability (soft reset anyone?). Certainly EZ5 has some good things like its handling of clean and hybrid roms and compatibility etc, but before the last 1.36 kernel update its software can be seen as a failure with the serious save corruption problems, which really shouldn't have existed in the first place for a launch product. Even right now its soft reset isn't perfect (close to, but not).

The ez5 expansion pack also have some limitations, ie. only 1 gba rom been written at any one time to norflash (very slow), and its rumble isn't quite the original thing.

I only got the ez5 after the 1.36 kernel update, if you can live with all the above-mentioned things, it would be worth a consideration for you too.

10. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    EZ team always updated their software in their timely fashion. I dont see how the software before was a failure since only a few people had the save problems ....

EZ-5 been working fine for me since day 1 , most issue's are microSD based more then ez-5 errors ....

11. faceless

Member faceless pink sugar heart attack

United States
    well, the r4 sucks with any 2GB card, but due to the hybrid tool, the ezv is superb even with 2GB cards.

some people may argue for drag'n'drop, but i argue for more space.

i suggest the ultra combo.

[​IMG]

12. Arkansaw

East Timor
    ah...that's a killer black combination, too bad the ez4 sticks out like a sore thumb

13. Modrak

Member Modrak GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    They are not fully inserted. EZ4 was designed for DS Lite I think...

And about drag'n'drop - it's awesome, don't want any game manager anymore !

14. faceless

Member faceless pink sugar heart attack

United States
    more like a severed thumb...

[​IMG]

15. Arkansaw

East Timor
    ah my bad, I thought it was just the ez4, the vanilla kind before they had the lite ones

16. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    yeah ez4 deluxe rocks as a slot two, but even though its nearly perfectly flush, its imperfect and sticks out about 1 - 1.5 mm.

although my solution for that (rather than modding it, making it look dodgy) is to get a protective case for your ds, and so the extra thickness from the case completely hides the sticking out. ^^

17. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Uhm, the EZ4DX doesn't even stick out 1 mm.

18. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    I would recommend the M3 for one particular reason over and above the usual compatibility issues - both the M3 Lite & M3 Simply have spring-loaded microSD slots. You have NO IDEA what a help this is. The EZ-IV does not have spring loaded slots, and unless you have really tiny fingers/long nails, the card is virtually impossible to insert/remove. I don't really care what anyone says, it is a HUGE PAIN, and really detracts from the cart as a whole, no matter how good the technology inside is.

Just my two cents.

19. other

Member other GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Are you removing the microSD by "lifting up" the plastic of the shell to get a grip around the microSD from both sides? If you do, I find it really easy to take out the microSD card. Before I discovered that however, I thought it was nearly impossible.

Edit: To clarify, I'm talking about the EZ4, I don't know anything about the EZ5.

20. masterofpsi
    OP

Newcomer masterofpsi Newbie

United States
    So many choices... [​IMG]
    Spring-loaded doesn't bother me, and I'd really like to run opera... I'm thinking at this point it's going to be the 3-in-1. Is there any word on whether the 3-in-1 supports NDS/GBA linkage?
    EDIT: Woops just read the site, they say they have it [​IMG]