EZ Flash Vi versus Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by AC/DS, May 17, 2010.

May 17, 2010

EZ Flash Vi versus Acekard 2i by AC/DS at 11:08 AM (2,635 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. AC/DS
    OP

Member AC/DS GBAtemp Regular

Slovakia
    While impatiently waiting for my Acekard 2i to arrive from 0ShippingZone, I have decided I may as well get another flashcart as the shipping from China may take weeks (or months?) and I am very impatient to try my brand new DSi XL.
    I am considering this: EZ Flash Vi from an online shop in my country
    As of yet I am not 100% sure it will work with DSi XL, BUT on that site they claim it is pre-updated to 1.4 firmware. The price seems to be rather steep (almost 20 euros for fuck's sake), but the advantage for me is the shop is in my country so it should get to me in 2 days. What do you guys think, should I go for it? Remember I am a very impatient person, it's been 12 days since I ordered an Acekard 2i (0ShippingZone) and it's still not here. The most important question is will this EZ-Flash Vi work with most games? How is the support, the operating system (is it comparable to AKAIO) and so on.
    I would strongly appreciate any input.

2. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ez flash is not update nearly as frewuently as AKAIO. its not the best cart but you probably wont be disappointed if you get it. If i were you, i spend a little more cash and go for the new supercard DSTWO it has gba emulation for you dsi which is really nice plus its got more aweome features.

3. AC/DS
    OP

Slovakia
    Is the operating system difficult to install/set up? I've read the wiki but it seems to be rather complex when compared with the easy installation of AKAIO.
    Is the interface user friendly?
    In the meantime, I've ordered the EZ Flash Vi. (Hopefully I can still cancel my order/refuse to take the parcel if the AK2i arrives from China this week).

4. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    It's not hard to install updates on both carts. I know Team EZFlash and if a exploit does ever come out to put a cart into DSi Mode, EZFlash has 4mb of memory for it's bootloader while the acekard has like... i forgot, but it's not alot. I'd say Acekard 2i if you want frequent updates (hours after a new rom is released for many akaio beta testers) at the expense of some features or the EZFlash you ordered for a more probable bootloader upgrade for DSi Mode (along with many other carts but dunno which ones.), native 3-1 support (Useless for DSi xP) and other stuff like ingame menu.

Or the Supercard DSTWO for native media playback and GBA emulation. [​IMG]

5. AC/DS
    OP

Slovakia
    I assume by "DSi mode" you mean the card could play DSi-specific games? Including DSiWare?
    That would be awesome.
    On the other hand, do you think there is anybody in the whole world seriously working on this?
    I am not sure if they would not be scared by possible Nintendo lawsuits if they managed to do this...

6. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Someone on this board is trying to work on it, but hes not really a hacker...

7. Zombie_X

Member Zombie_X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's surely the AK2i with AKAIO. That firmware is king amongst all firmwares! All it needs it RTS and slow motion and perhaps game guides. Maybe even a real time menu like the CycloDS ans DSTWO.

8. Doom32x

Newcomer Doom32x Member

Argentina
    Hi, in build quality, the ez-flash vi is better, I have bought flascharts and i have to say that acekard have a lot of contact-issues compared with the ez-flash [​IMG]

9. qlum

Member qlum Posting when needed

Netherlands
    Contact issues are awful for example you close the ds take it in your pocket and when you wish to continue playing you noticed it crashed. I had this with my old m3 simply and now I have a ez-flash Vi I don't want back to these problems. so go for ez-flash even if they update a bit slower than akaio.

also ez-flash is going to release new firmware for the vi this will give it a clean mode to counter ap this this will properly make patches unneeded for new releases.

10. poipo32

Newcomer poipo32 Member

Canada
    I have been using EZ-Flash products for a long time and am very happy with all of them, they always updated, sometimes slowly but an update always come, Acekard only is good since AKAIO and will only be until AKAIO dies (which I hope won't happen soon).

Even when slot-2 flashcarts weren't common sight anymore they updated EZ-Flash 4, I have yet to find a game I won't be able to play on my EZ-Flash after the next update following the dump of the game.

The EZ-Flash Vi has real time save feature which the Acekard doesn't (and won't have), in the end they are pretty equal but I will always lean toward the company that gave me support all these years.

11. JimmyG

Newcomer JimmyG Member

Guinea-Bissau
    Hi Guys.

I ordered an AceKard2i for my niece and checked it's performance compared to my EZVi before I gave her the AK.

For my tests I took her NDS lite and my NDSXL and loaded the same games simultaneously on EZVi and AK2 (with AKAIO). Loading the games was always faster using the EZVi. After that I switched the cards (ak2 in XL, ezvi in DSlite) and checked again. EZVi was faster again, so it doesn't matter what type of DS to use. Additionally I switched the SD cards and did both tests again. No surprise: EZVi was faster.

Additionally I really prefer the moonshell2 EZVi interface over the AKAIO interface.

So if somebody asks me, I'd tell them to get an EZVi [​IMG]

Greetings,
    Jim.

12. eggsample

Member eggsample punahussy

Poland
    So You mean that all kards dor dsi and dsiXL can not run DSi enchaced roms or dsi features can not be use in dsi and lite?
    - i'm wondering whitch card buy? R4i (too many versions) EZ vi, AK2i? I wish to use dsi with korg ds10-PLUS.

13. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    yes, no cards can utilise the DSi features.....