EZ-Flash V Triple Pack Announced

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. I'm sold. I was waiting for a reason to go with either the R4 or the EZV. I already have an EZIV, but having the rumble and Opera Memory pack, all in a nice Lite friendly package?! Awesome.

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever happened to that rumor about motion sening games for the DS? I thought Downhill Jam was going to come with a motion pak
frown.gif

Stylpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, this is the first Slot-2 device that

A. fits flush in a DSL,
B. has rumble,
C. runs GBA-games, and
D. supports the DS Browser

all in one, right?

But it's not sold stand-alone? How stupid is that? I already have an R4 =/

Oh and one more thing, how's the GBA compatibility of the EZV and other EZ products?

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EZV GBA compatibility is 0%, just like other slot-1's

EZII/EZIII and now EZIV are legendary for being the best at GBA

the reason for this *add-on* cart is so people who get an EZV can also have the ability to play GBA with a quick/cheap solution that doesn't stick out

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
but I'm sceptic.. my only reason to go from ez4lite to ez5 is to play portrait of ruin.
smile.gif

anyone else can come up with any other reason to buy the ez5 when I already have the ez4l?
biggrin.gif

APPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
but I'm sceptic.. my only reason to go from ez4lite to ez5 is to play portrait of ruin.
smile.gif

anyone else can come up with any other reason to buy the ez5 when I already have the ez4l?
biggrin.gif

I think slot 1 solutions have better battery life but meh...

Also, correct me if im wrong, but i thought that bothe EWIN and M3 were working on similar products in conjunction with the EWIN3 and the M3/G6 Real devices respectively?

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my plan is to eventually have an EZIV in slot-2 and EZV in slot-1

this extra kit is kinda cute, but rumble on a portable doesnt appeal to me, and i'll care about the RAM expansion when it's truly useful.

Propionation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Not the best in my opinion, but pretty close

What would you consider to be the best? Don't even dare say G6/M3 lite.
Only reason why it might not be the best cause it doesn't support the Real Time Clock. But other than the Pokemon games what really needs that feature? I would definitely say that the EZ Team has done the best GBA.

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

my plan is to eventually have an EZIV in slot-2 and EZV in slot-1

this extra kit is kinda cute, but rumble on a portable doesnt appeal to me, and i'll care about the RAM expansion when it's truly useful.

Yeah your right Elrinth, the compatibility for the ez4 is great though, what you cant play portrait or ruin or downhill jam and some other stuff noone cares about. I mean we still got great compatibility. Why go out and buy this, it probley adds up to the price of the ez4 deluxe bundle.

And faceless that sounds like an awesome combo, or the ez4 in slot and and the r4 in slot 1. Oh yeah
yaynds.gif

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Only reason why it might not be the best cause it doesn't support the Real Time Clock.

I could care less about RTC. G6 lite/M3 lite have average GBA support. Nothing "excellent" about it.

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Not the best in my opinion, but pretty close

What would you consider to be the best? Don't even dare say G6/M3 lite.
Only reason why it might not be the best cause it doesn't support the Real Time Clock. But other than the Pokemon games what really needs that feature? I would definitely say that the EZ Team has done the best GBA.

I know the EZ-II has a RTC and I'm pretty sure EZ III does as well. The EZ II 1GB also had a full gb of NOR memory as well, meaning the GBA games could be played from any spot on the cart without first having to copy them from slower memory. From the carts I've tried the EZII is the best cart out there for GBA, now if it only had a sun sensor and a tilt sensor
smile.gif

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, windirt posted this in response to scrawl suggesting that the RAM and Rumble would work on any cart...

windirt said:
no, scawl. all function only for EZV. they can't run on another brand slot1 carts until we release a standalone ds homebrew program to make all function work. but it depends on the another brand's SDK open level.

or we can provide the source code which operate the 3in1 cart to opensource scene. let them do the rest.

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I know the EZ-II has a RTC and I'm pretty sure EZ III does as well. The EZ II 1GB also had a full gb of NOR memory as well, meaning the GBA games could be played from any spot on the cart without first having to copy them from slower memory. From the carts I've tried the EZII is the best cart out there for GBA, now if it only had a sun sensor and a tilt sensor

Interesting. I never knew about how good the EZII was.

The EZ IV Lite Deluxe may be best "most practical" GBA solution. It barely sticks out, it's cheap (if purchased with the R4 from Winsunx) and it has great compatibility.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if EZFlash stole something from the M3 Team's an released Real, the M3 team will steal off of them, or is this some coincidence? Because I would hope that the Real is something like a slightly improved M3 Simply with a slot-2 cart that is like this, but with more storage or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one