OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EZ-Flash V kernel 1.68
Cheat support for 3 in 1
ez5eg5.gif

An update to the EZ-Flash V kernel, adds cheat support in the 3in1 tool and fixes some issues with certain MicroSD brands not working. Make sure to follow the bootstrap upgrade procedure below before updating. Download, changelog, and bootstrap upgrade instructions below. Nod to ccosmos for the tip.

[title:Changelog]1. Packaged with bootstrap loader updater ( must read the instruction below before update 1.68 kernel)
2. Add 3in1 cart cheat function and 3in1 tool
3. fixed some brand MicroSD can't boot up
4. resetsp.bin updated to 1954, must replace moonshl folder, at least the resetsp.bin
[title:Bootstrap Loader Upgrade Instructions]Don't extract the EZ5SYS.BIN in the 1.68 package to your MicroSD root folder unless you already meet the condition 1 and 2

1. Your EZ5 cart must already updated to boot from EZ5SYS.bin. if you used the EZ5SYS.bin rename to EZ5UPLDR.bin update before. please update the smaller EZ5UPLDR.bin in the 1.68 package. the bootstrap loader update will not start unless the cart use the EZ5SYS.bin boot method.

2. Charge your DS power to full, connected with a charger will be better.

3. After you meet the above two conditions, extract the EZ5SYS.bin to your MicroSD root folder, put MicroSD into EZ5, EZ5 into DS, power up EZ5 as usual, the upgrade process will automatic start check the bootstrap loader version and upgrade. the process cost 3-5 seconds, Don't power off warning will displayed on the screen. power off DS while upgrade in the processing will cause your EZ5 cart bricked permanently. EZ5 will boot in desktop after upgrade. you can safe power off your DS now.

4. to verify the bootstrap loader version. just check the EZ5 boot menu by boot up EZ5 while R key pressed.
Black BG and big white font means older version, deepblue BG and small white font means new version.

5. Upgrade prcess only show one time, once you upgraded sucessful, it never show up again. please use 1.68 kernel as usual. even rename it and flash it to chip will be ok.

download.gif
Download kernel/loader
download.gif
Download 3in1 Tool
icon11.gif
EZFlash Homepage

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Due to them using a different way of updating instead of the usual way it allows updating by simply booting the new file.

So now you dont have to "reflash" your card anymore just dump the new file onto the SD card and boot without holding any buttons. (once you done the needed work before mentioned in the readme)

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the change was made in one of the earlier firmwares (1.66?) but people mucked it up by re-naming the files so they could still use the old way of updating, which could lead to problems later on. I assume Windirt's just spelled it out clearly to stop people trying that again. Or something.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The update process can be summed up like this:

Update as usual. Make sure you do not turn the power off after starting the upgrade process until you are at the game selection desktop or you'll brick your flashcart. Please note that the upgrade occurs in two steps this time, just let the cart do its thing. This only needs to happen this one time.

Psyfira

Trophies
XP
Country
Might sound a little bizarre but is anyone else having trouble with the on-cart settings menu? Like changing from small icons to large icons or using the power off buttons, I'm having hell trying to get it to recognise what I'm pressing. Anyone else or just me?

d3x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I seemed to have bricked my card (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=73265 ) however, I also seemed to have "unbricked" it just now, and then I pwned myself again and bricked it.

What I did not mention in the "thread" above is as follows:

Found a post on the board about someone bricking, and formatting their microSD to FAT and then FAT32, and it worked and could update again.

So I tried that, seemingly it did not work.

Next I felt that my the card was probably gone anyway, and started prying the sticker off to see if there was anything I put push or pull in there (looking for a battery or something), but noticed only the top of some chips, so I put the sticker back on.

I turned the DS on again, expecting it to freeze, but it did not. The EZ loader came up and said there was no SD card. I inserted the SD card, and it asked me if I wanted to update, use as passme or run loader. I chose Update, since that was what I wanted to do, update to 1.68

The update ran, and I was told I could press A to run the loader, and now my card seems to be bricked again
frown.gif

I tried formatting the microSD again, even looked under the sticker (yes I know that probably has nothing to do with it but I couldn't help myself beeing a little supersticious), but now it's back to freezing on the Nintendo loading/warning screen :/

I find the actual bootstrap loader update instructions rather confusing, possibly due to the somewhat broken language
frown.gif

d3x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
And now it's working again. I cannot understand what is going on.

Now I just started the DS with the EZ Flash without a microSD card on it, image on bottom screen, following on top:

Welcome to EZFLASH Header!
SD/TF Card Error OR NOT exist!
Please Reinsert SD/TF!

If i keep the SD card in, I get the same options as I've gotten previously, which are the ones that have "bricked" it, so I am a little worried about how to proceed. Any ideas on how to get my EZ5 up and running again?

Psyfira

Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming your cart isn't brand new, leave all the old menu files on it (we'll overwrite them later) and:
1. Put EZ5UPLDR.bin on your cart.
2. Hold R on startup and select update.
3. When it's done, press A to continue. When it gets to the menu (edit: or a black top screen with the EZ-V logo on the bottom screen) then turn you DS off.
4. Put EZ5SYS.bin on your cart (and everything else)
5. Plug your DS into the mains (to ensure the battery doesn't die while updating)
6. Turn it on. The update will start automatically. A little bit more scrolling text than usual will fly by (though it still goes kinda quick), then it'll take you straight to the EZ-V menu.
7. Press the help icon (3rd one down on the left), and read what version is installed to check that the update was successful.

After doing that, for all future updates you can just start from step 4.
You can test that now by upgrading again to the newer version 1.70: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74073
Copy the new menu files to the card, turn the DS on as normal and it'll update itself. Tap the help icon to check it worked.
And you're sorted
smile.gif

Js93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thnx for your help, but when i try to start my cart i freezes at the screen where it's completely black on the top screen and the ezFlashV on the obttom, so i guess i've bricked my ezflash? :/

Psyfira

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope it's perfectly fine, I assume you've got as far as step 3
smile.gif
Because I got a detail wrong there; it boots to a black screen and a logo because the files needed to actually load a menu aren't on the memory card yet (read: the ones that are added in step 4. I've just tried booting with the files missing on mine to confirm). Whoops what a div, I'm really, really sorry if I scared you a bit there. Carry on with the instructions and fingers crossed it should be fine
smile.gif

Js93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Psyfira said:
Nope it's perfectly fine, I assume you've got as far as step 3
smile.gif
Because I got a detail wrong there; it boots to a black screen and a logo because the files needed to actually load a menu aren't on the memory card yet (read: the ones that are added in step 4. I've just tried booting with the files missing on mine to confirm). Whoops what a div, I'm really, really sorry if I scared you a bit there. Carry on with the instructions and fingers crossed it should be fine
smile.gif

got it to work thank you SO MUCH!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that's why I am so broke lol