Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there.

I was browsing the ez-flash website today and i found a new product released, the PS3 HDD Expander.
As i don't own any PS3, i really don't know what the purpose of this expander.
unsure.gif

Here is the installation guide of this product :

[youtube]jQ76J-JB99A[/youtube]

Source

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
it replaces the hard drive with an esata connector so you can use an external hdd connected with esata instead of the normal 2.5inch hardisk that came to the system. you can already replace that one with a bigger harddisk but external ones can be even bigger than the 750gb 2.5 inch drives have.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you could use this device IF

1) You don't have a large 2.5" hard drive lying around
2) You happen to have a external hard drive or enclosure that supports eSATA

I can't seem to find a cost for this thing though.

I like how they even sell the "PS3 Power Switcher"!!! I guess for those few people with Slim PS3s and still running on dongled devices.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever that is in the video has made SO many handling mistakes.

1) He's really jerky with pulling the board out of the bag. You treat these things like ladies, calmly and gently.

2) Dumping the screws flat-out on a table instead of a small dish or something similar is just begging to lose a couple.

3) He's placing his fingers all over metal joints on the board, begging for finger grease to short something out.

Anyway, bumbling aside, the adapter itself is for using a large external drive that can actually behave the same way as a PS3 internal drive. Using an external Serial ATA drive, the PS3 can format it in the same way it would an internal drive, and then backups with files over 4Gbs don't need split to play. The short version is this makes your PS3's HDD external. I think I may look into getting a couple! (I have a CFW PS3, and a legit PS3, and it shouldn't matter either way since this is just a HDD adapter.)

EDIT: Here's a place that sells it. 5 bucks? Sold! I'll follow up if I get one and try it out. (Gonna need to get the right drive/adapter setup first. My wife's gonna kill me...lol?)

http://www.shenzhenbuy.com/product-685.html

EDIT2: Just noticed that you have to buy 10 or the order is ignored. >.< Well, maybe ShopTemp can pick these up then? And keep them cheap?
happy.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh ! i see. Thanks for the explanation guys.
happy.gif

Here is a quote from the website :

QUOTE said:
EZ-Flash PS3 Built-in HDD Expander is a little part which makes the Playstation3 Slim have an ESATA slot, it makes you replace your Playstation3 internal HDD with a Hard Disk Docking Station or a HDD Box which has an ESATA slot possible.

For Jailbreak user, it's faster than external USB HDD, and it more compatible with games, because there is no need to split file anymore.

For non-Jailbreak user, it expand your HDD space with low cost. you can store more picture, video, and downloaded games, demos.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
what is the maximum drive size the ps3 will partition & format now?
back when the console was released, it was only 1Tb.

someone on 3.55 see if they can format a 2Tb drive & report back please.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Snow days $25 on steam may grab it