mathieulh

OP
Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
Hi, my EZ-flash Omega keeps bugging me about a "firmware version" update and detecting mine as V00 regardless of what I do, even if I force update it by powering on using the R button, I tried using the omega-recovery, the SD card isn't detected at all if I do that, I tried with several SD cards. I can press B to skip this and keep using the card but it's rather annoying, any idea on how to fix this?

M9BSoEh.jpg

mathieulh

OP
Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
Sometimes that happens to me, you can just turn it off and back on again and it should be fine.
I did but it never fixes it, it keeps bugging me for an update at almost every restart, I just ignore it, if I "update" there is no error but it doesn't fix anything. The message occurs even when no SD card is inserted.

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
firmware 00 means the firmware update failed. the card is working with a failsafe firmware now.

If the microsd which contain the kernel update file smaller than 4GB when press R updating may cause the firmware autoupdate persisting fail.
or the ezkernel.bin has internal crc failed also cause the firmware updating fail.

here is a firmware 6 force update bin. try to run it on a 4GB or larger card. see what happened.
http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/omegaforceFW6.rar

mathieulh

OP
Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
firmware 00 means the firmware update failed. the card is working with a failsafe firmware now.

If the microsd which contain the kernel update file smaller than 4GB when press R updating may cause the firmware autoupdate persisting fail.
or the ezkernel.bin has internal crc failed also cause the firmware updating fail.

here is a firmware 6 force update bin. try to run it on a 4GB or larger card. see what happened.
http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/omegaforceFW6.rar

This does not fix the issue, every one out of 2 reboots I still get the V00 update prompt even after running the force update.
I am using a FAT32 formatted 8GB micro SD, when I press R to force the update I do not have any error upon completion.

Best Regards,

Mathieu

mathieulh

OP
Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
after you run the force updater. did you see the autoupdate display V06 -> V07? what if you skip it?
Yes, I see it (whenever the V00 bug does not occur), otherwise it's V00 to V07 again, if I skip it the card works as intended but it will prompt me either to update from v06 or v00 to v07 at each reboot.

Even after forcing the "update" to V06, if I reboot afterwards WITHOUT any SD card inserted it will still ask me to update to V07.

Last edited by mathieulh,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
once you force updated it to firmware 6, then skip all the update request. how many times of the reboot of firmware 6 exists? I mean when you see V06 ->v07, skip it. boot in to SD interface. wait a while, power off/ on , and see.

If as long as you do not run any actions to upgrade to V07, V06 can always be maintained, we will give you another V07 forced upgrade ROM.

mathieulh

OP
Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
once you force updated it to firmware 6, then skip all the update request. how many times of the reboot of firmware 6 exists? I mean when you see V06 ->v07, skip it. boot in to SD interface. wait a while, power off/ on , and see.

If as long as you do not run any actions to upgrade to V07, V06 can always be maintained, we will give you another V07 forced upgrade ROM.

Hi, the V06 firmware shows up once every 2 reboot or so (the other firmware that shows up next reboot is V00), it's almost as if there were 2 banks and an event forces it to switch bank each boot.

So, If I boot on V06 next reboot it will be V00 then next reboot will be V06 (and so on)

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
we are finding how could the failsafe firmware(v00) and the standard firmware (v06) shows each boot. please be patient.

do you have another console to test? consider the highlight screen should cause voltage requirement issue.
and, how long do you meet this problem? or when it began?

mathieulh

OP
Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
we are finding how could the failsafe firmware(v00) and the standard firmware (v06) shows each boot. please be patient.

do you have another console to test? consider the highlight screen should cause voltage requirement issue.
and, how long do you meet this problem? or when it began?
Hi, So an update here, I have read your reply last night and since I own 2 GBA, 1 Gameboy Micro and 1 DS Lite, I thought I'd do the test on all of these, for some reason the EZ flash Omega which used to work on all these consoles is no longer recognized on anything except the GBA consoles (no Nintendo logo at boot on the GB Micro and no GBA cart detected on the DS Lite), I opened it and cleaned the contacts using isopropyl alcohol and that somehow fixed the firmware bug (it no longer shows V00 and updated to V07 fine) so that's fixed but it only works on the GBA consoles somehow. I think that cart is faulty.

The regular GBAs are the consoles I use the most so I did not notice the cart stopped working on the GB Micro or the DS Lite, this is quite unfortunate.

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
for the ds and gbm problem, try to move the card a little out after plug it in completely. see what happens.

it works on gba, it is not faulty, just contact problem.

since you said the gbm and dslite are not your primary play machine. you may consider the metal contactor oxidation.

Last edited by EZ-Flash2,

mathieulh

OP
Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
for the ds and gbm problem, try to move the card a little out after plug it in completely. see what happens.

it works on gba, it is not faulty, just contact problem.

since you said the gbm and dslite are not your primary play machine. you may consider the metal contactor oxidation.
I tried moving the card, it did not work, original cartridges work fine on both consoles.

rz-vol

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi all, encountered the same problem when turning on the GBA. The firmware is 1.09, is there a solution to the problem?

photo_2022-11-02_23-17-07.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1