Hacking EZ-FLASH Junior TestFlight

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
3400mWh... if convert to mAh unit. 3400/1.5=2266mAh, and Li-ion batteries require a step-down circuit to step down from 3.6V to 1.5V. I don't think it has the capacity ratio to achieve this density.

So. The battery not better than the ENELOOP or IKEA LADA.

And when it is below 30% capacity, the voltage drops very quickly, even before your GBA has time to blink the red light, it will automatically shut down.

Sorry for the off-topic.:bow:

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
3400mWh... if convert to mAh unit. 3400/1.5=2266mAh, and Li-ion batteries require a step-down circuit to step down from 3.6V to 1.5V. I don't think it has the capacity ratio to achieve this density.

And when it is below 30% capacity, the voltage drops very quickly, even before your GBA has time to blink the red light, it will automatically shut down.

A useful information! THANKS!

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, and not even the LiPo mods for GBA/GB(C) floating around archive more runtime than a pair of Eneloop Pro (or Ikea Ladda made in Japan). These mods give you no advantage and once you cut the shell you can't undo it.

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

To me, Philips 2600+ is top notch!

limpbiz411

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That be limpbiz411 your talking about
calling me out? yeah they still haven't fixed the issues and I guarantee they can't fix it. Prism still isn't working right without time drift, doesn't work on snes. Doesn't work on gb boy colour. They've been trying to fix this for over a year and a half. You're the most toxic person on these forums you always have something to say with zero knowledge behind anything.

Last edited by limpbiz411,
Reactions: Shadow#1

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
calling me out? yeah they still haven't fixed the issues and I guarantee they can't fix it. Prism still isn't working right without time drift, doesn't work on snes. Doesn't work on gb boy colour. They've been trying to fix this for over a year and a half. You're the most toxic person on these forums you always have something to say with zero knowledge behind anything.
They're fairly close into understanding why it's a special case as Prism does do some fairly unconventional things with the RTC. But the test kernel just released a page or two back provides pretty good results in comparison to the past, these are deviations of 0.1-0.2ms in most instances

1635500224822.png

Reactions: WiLLiW

GASH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here's what I don't understand: Why does EZ-Flash need to fix the firmware for a rom hack while other commercial RTC games are working fine? What do they have to do with Prism? I don't know who made Prism, but maybe they need to do a better hack? Please enlighten me!

Reactions: Grbb

bbsan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here's what I don't understand: Why does EZ-Flash need to fix the firmware for a rom hack while other commercial RTC games are working fine? What do they have to do with Prism? I don't know who made Prism, but maybe they need to do a better hack? Please enlighten me!
It is explained a few pages ago.
Bottom line: Prism team uses the RTC as intended (including write back), whereas most RTC Roms just use the RTC and store an offset in its save data.

thefieldsofdawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to share with everyone that I successfully updated from update_fw5_7-31.gb to this new beta firmware. To ensure the update isn't interrupted, I updated while connected to an outlet while absolutely ensuring I didn't accidentally press the reset button located on the back of the EZ Flash Junior. I updated using an AGS-101 GBA SP with no modifications. SD card is a PNY 32gb with 100Mb/s reads.

I have the GBC CPU that is incompatible with the 1.04 FW version, and noticed some freezes on the previous 1.05e 7-31 firmware, most recently on Tokimeki Memorial Pocket. This new beta firmware seems to take care of those issues. The GBC is modified with the FunnyPlaying IPS v2 screen and has USB-C 1.5V 3400mWh rechargeable AA batteries. I also have an identically modded GBC with a compatible CPU that is on the 7-31 beta, but since it has full compatibility and the functioning 7-31 RTC I may way to update until final 1.05 release.
Well, one of the drawbacks of channel surfing the GBC library for two weeks is that I never seemed to try the save functionality. Writing the save file to memory still hangs, but waiting ~10 seconds and rebooting with the Junior reset button seems to be give it enough time to write.

Thanks EZ Flash team for the information on the batteries!

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They do work fine, but not over long periods of time, there still ends up being small deviations - though that's correctable now with the new FW and a new high quality, perfect quarts

WiLLiW

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They do work fine, but not over long periods of time, there still ends up being small deviations - though that's correctable now with the new FW and a new high quality, perfect quarts
So, You implying that the current EZ-Flash hardware are unable to play Pokemon Prism ? I can live with it if it plays all other original games.

Reactions: GASH

Grbb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
LoL nobody cares about a random no-name hack (this so-called Prism) when everything else (aka legit roms) are working fine. Can't understand either why dev is wasting this much time on a stupid romhack.

Stirfry8993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
LoL nobody cares about a random no-name hack (this so-called Prism) when everything else (aka legit roms) are working fine. Can't understand either why dev is wasting this much time on a stupid romhack.

I mean, on the recommendation of people in here, I gave it a shot. I'm loving it. Feels better than Sword & Shield if you enjoyed the GB/GBC games. Its a cut above. But if they can get the "Crysis of RTC on the GBC" working, then its a benchmark, and also a great sales pitch for why you'd choose the EZ-Flash Junior. But no one is forcing you to use it, or play it, but if you tried it, you might like it. Or not. Its a fan rom hack, it'll be there on the off chance you ever want too.

Stirfry8993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Like 99.999% of EZ-Flash Jr. users are propably not gonna play an obscure romhack nobody cares about, yet, dev here has wasted like one full year (or more!) just to please the 3 weirdos in here that play that game. It baffles me.

Well, ignorance is bliss. Maybe someday you'll figure it out. You don't have to be so negative though.

Reactions: kiddejig

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The point is not to get 1 ROM hack working but to be as accurate as the real hardware. If you don't care about accuracy might as well play the games in some emulator.
Yes, This is the point, The rtc chip which original GBC rtc cards using is discontinued and unable purchase any more.
we have to use other rtc chip and use FPGA to emulate the original rtc chip's protocol. In order to achieve a sufficiently accurate hardware reduction simulation, which requires a lot of time to do repeated test work, especially the original rtc chip information is insufficient, rtc3demo gives us a great help.

If you don't care about prism, the beta version of 0918 basically accomplishes the goals of the average user, it has inherited the features of the previous beta version, including support for the special suffix GBC, SGB support, and pretty much all commercial rtc games.

paburo-san666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yes, This is the point, The rtc chip which original GBC rtc cards using is discontinued and unable purchase any more.
we have to use other rtc chip and use FPGA to emulate the original rtc chip's protocol. In order to achieve a sufficiently accurate hardware reduction simulation, which requires a lot of time to do repeated test work, especially the original rtc chip information is insufficient, rtc3demo gives us a great help.

If you don't care about prism, the beta version of 0918 basically accomplishes the goals of the average user, it has inherited the features of the previous beta version, including support for the special suffix GBC, SGB support, and pretty much all commercial rtc games.
Excuse me but, what about Super Game Boy compatibility?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: