EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Great news!

I noticed on one of my EZJunior on the PCBs is written "EZGB 1320", and on the other one "EZGB 2120"

are these different revisions?
or can you tell me the difference?

just different pcb batch. nothing more.
first two digits is week of the year, last two digits is the short year.

Reactions: cearp and swutch

thegododeath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 225740

A good news for the guys who were humming SGB compatibility.

It's been a while since the last update. and while we were waiting for the Prism crew to fix his Junior, some kind Chinese user lent us a set of SGB, but..........

We've found that Junior's development board won't fit into the SGB slot without damaging the SGB cases, as it has a lot of wiring connectors on the development board . So we still need time to modify the development board.

SGB compatibility is hopefully added to this FW5 final release.

Couldn't you just take the SGB out of its plastic shell? It comes apart like any other SNES cartridge.

Last edited by thegododeath,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Couldn't you just take the SGB out of its plastic shell? It comes apart like any other SNES cartridge.

We can not open it without proper screwdriver. And the unit is old and has bad contacts, so I don't know what new problems will arise when I take it apart.

aaaaaa123456789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I just posted a new release of my RTC tests: https://github.com/aaaaaa123456789/rtc3test/releases/tag/v003

It's giving mixed results on these new tests. Some of the writes' timings are OK, some are far off.
I also noticed my cart's RTC is fast. The tick time is 996.9ms, i.e., it's fast by 0.31%. This might not seem like a lot, but it's a drift of over four minutes per day, so it adds up really fast. @EZ-Flash2 maybe check with the RTC chip manufacturer? This can't be right.

ndsLight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
It is not a game. I've written color GAMES on GB Boy Colour. They do not work. Some of them work, but mainly not. Plain gameboy games work.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just posted a new release of my RTC tests: https://github.com/aaaaaa123456789/rtc3test/releases/tag/v003

It's giving mixed results on these new tests. Some of the writes' timings are OK, some are far off.
I also noticed my cart's RTC is fast. The tick time is 996.9ms, i.e., it's fast by 0.31%. This might not seem like a lot, but it's a drift of over four minutes per day, so it adds up really fast. @EZ-Flash2 maybe check with the RTC chip manufacturer? This can't be right.

My RTC in the actual menu seems to have kept time perfectly fine, so it at least doesn't seem like it's the RTC chip? Which can then mean it's only the software?

aaaaaa123456789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My RTC in the actual menu seems to have kept time perfectly fine, so it at least doesn't seem like it's the RTC chip? Which can then mean it's only the software?

Mine goes out of sync after like an hour or two when powered off, but that might be the battery. The battery doesn't matter when the GBC is powered on, though.

Are you also getting 996.9ms ticks? Do you see a different value if you run the test multiple times?

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
This error should be caused by the quality deviation of the crystal oscillator. This can be avoided by replacing expensive, premium crystal oscillators with...

aaaaaa123456789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This error should be caused by the quality deviation of the crystal oscillator. This can be avoided by replacing expensive, premium crystal oscillators with...

The issue is that 0.31% is a massive deviation. If you had a watch that had a 0.31% drift (which corresponds to four and a half minutes per day), you'd throw it into the bin right away. And low-end watches are certainly not expensive...

Puppydogpals

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that's a lie, the beta firmware works with GB Colour, stop giving people false advice.
They are talking about the GB Boy color not the GameBoy Color.

The GB Boy color is a cheap clone that works with official GB and GB color carts, but most Flash Carts dont

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

limpbiz411

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are talking about the GB Boy color not the GameBoy Color.

The GB Boy color is a cheap clone that works with official GB and GB color carts, but most Flash Carts dont

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
yeah i know what he's talking about the clone console gb boy colour, i have it, i use the beta firmware they provided and it works fine on my GB boy Colour.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night