1. Bonnom

Bonnom Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I had this problem before, I thought I solved it by formatting the sd card with the official sd card format program. I also sometimes use a SD sorter program so all my games are in alphabetical order but I don't think that helped.

2. DrunkenMonk

DrunkenMonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    a fat sorter can help actually in situations like these, similar thing happens with the GDEMU

3. Gordiel

Gordiel Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    No one? I've started a file on Donkey Kong Land yesterday and it's gone now. For some reason my file of Yellow is still here. Can I downfrade to FW4? It was workink better.

4. Bonnom

Bonnom Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    It could be that the SD card became corrupt. The SD card is formatted with FAT32, the problem with FAT32 is it is not a journaling file system. This makes it very easy for FAT32 to become corrupt. This usually happens for example when a device is turned off while it is writing to the sd card.

I would backup all files from the SD card, and run error checking on the SD card (chkdsk or something). Be absolutely sure to backup the files, error checking programs can lead to data loss.

Alternatively you can reformat the SD card.

5. Gordiel

Gordiel Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ive tried formating and another SD Card. The problem stays the same. My EZ Flash cannot write save file on the SD card anymore... Games are working great as long as the save is on the battery included in the cart, but if I change of games my saves can be lost forever (like it happened with DK Land 3). It was working fine before upgrading. I shouldn't have upgraded. Is it possible to downgrade? Will it brick the cart?

6. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Portugal
    The "bricking" most people are complaining is then then?
    If I buy a SanDisk red 32GB, I should have no problem, is that correct?

Edit: may be a region thing, but I can't find any SanDisk "Red" line cards selling here. Would something like this (SanDisk Extreme Plus) or this (SanDisk Extreme Plus Pro) do?

Last edited by pustal, Apr 15, 2021
  7. kiddejig

kiddejig Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I am interested in what kind of speeds your SanDisk red 32GB scores in test programs like CrystalDiskMark.
    Then I could compare it with my Kingston Micro SD and determine if I should try to update to 1.05.

20210414_175212.jpg CrystalDiskMark_20210414174517.png

WiLLiW and pustal like this.
  8. WiLLiW

WiLLiW Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    My 16GB card also 32GB (using EZ-Flash Jr v1.04) :grog:

Attached Files:

Last edited by WiLLiW, Apr 15, 2021
  9. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Portugal
    [​IMG]

This is the results I got SanDisk Extreme Pro I just got. I wonder if what matter here are the read or write speeds, and the sequencial or random speeds. @EZ-Flash2 , what do you reckon?

You're fine with 1.04 regardless. It's 1.05 that repportedly has the issue with speeds.

10. WiLLiW

WiLLiW Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    oh man, this is sad! Between, nice results there!

pustal likes this.
  11. kiddejig

kiddejig Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Yeah, that is actually why I asked. If we know @EZ-Flash2 their SD card speed we could take that into consideration before attempting the update.

But I have since then had the pleasure of reading this thread back and boy, it sounds like it's been a bumpy ride for the EZ-Flash team.
    I get the impression that it is gonna take them some time to solve this RTC problem.
    It was nice to see the people of the Pokemon Prism project trying to help solve the problem and they even wrote an RTC test program.

pustal likes this.
  12. WiLLiW

WiLLiW Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Your read speeds are nice! But, write speeds are slower than mine... Are you on chinese knockoff cards too?

13. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Portugal
    My biggest problem with junior isn't even RTC but that I have one of those gameboy colors that version 1.04 won't go past boot.

14. kiddejig

kiddejig Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Yeah, you are right, their main priority should be overall stability followed by the features of the product that are listed on their site.
    It amazed me to see that there were people demanding features that were never promised and knock-off console support.

pustal likes this.
  15. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Portugal
    For what I understand they were working on RTC before they found out these batch of GameBoys so they bundled everything. I don't know what is causing this problem, if the RTC or the CPU changes, but might as well be the latter.

16. kiddejig

kiddejig Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I think that those are different problems. The overall original console compatibility depends on how the Junior communicates with the console's CPU and the RTC problem depends on how the Junior communicates with the RTC chip on the Junior.

Regarding the RTC problem, someone from the Pokemon Prism project, who has experience with RTC functionality, wrote:
    EDIT: Also, the RTC problem does not only occur in this Prism rom hack but it is more present because it uses the RTC fuctionallity more often.

Last edited by kiddejig, Apr 18, 2021
    pustal likes this.
  17. kerobscure

kerobscure Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hi @EZ-Flash2 is this card definitelly dead or you still working on it?

18. EZ-Flash2

OP EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

China
    On doing.

19. Bonnom

Bonnom Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Have you tried changing the save battery?

20. Bonny

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    First of all: SORRY for this question!

But, since when is: "Support Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance/SP, even with backlit mods and rechargeable batteries." officially listed in the Feature List of ezflash.cn ??? - https://www.ezflash.cn/product/ezflash-junior/

And what FW and/or Kernel is the best for backlit modded systems? I'am on FW5 and Kernel 1.04e.

Basically, my EZ Jr. boots up and loads/plays games correctly with this FW/Kernel. But if i press the Soft-reset button, it does not reboot correctly into the menu, instead it gets stuck at the "LOADING"-Message.

Last edited by Bonny, May 15, 2021 at 12:13 PM
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - TestFlight, Junior, FLASH