Hacking EZ Flash IV is being discontinued!

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Source: http://www.realhotstuff.com/EZ-Flash-iV--OUT-OF-STOCK_p_76.html

"11/26/12: CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK: EZ Flash iV has been discontinued by the manufacturer. We may receive 10 - 20 in the next couple weeks. "

I strongly suggest everyone who would like a GBA flashcart and doesn't have one yet to order an EZ Flash IV while you still can. The only shop I've found which still has them in stock is flashlinker-shop (http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/ez-flash-iv-minisd-slot-2-gba-gbm-sp-nds-nds-lite-p-443.html).

As it stands, the EZ Flash IV is the best GBA flashcart without RTC so hurry up or you'll miss out on this.

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god, this sucks, but it's not too surprising either. I was hoping they'd play it for a longer time than this, but GBA HAS been dead for a long long time.
I don't think I'll be able to make a purchase before they all run out, so I have to hope to hell my M3 lasts me for a long time even in the condition it is.

VinvinMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am glad I bought mine easily. Got 5 of them when I had read of Paypal's doing to the Flashcarts sellers. I had known of this.

Already sold 3 of the 5 units that I got because people really wanted them. Now have 2 left and a person who bought one is insisting on taking another one. :/

I am saving the last two for me though lol. One is in use and one is for the spare.

rs97ie.jpg

D

Deleted-236924

I'm kinda glad I have bought mine already, but PSP generally is less of a hassle to use.

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
So, flashlinker-shop is out of stock too now. They say that they should get some more on the 21st of December but I'm not sure if they'll be able to source them.

Also, when did the packaging change for the EZ-Flash IV? I still have a nice case with a soft interior and a magnetic clip that came with my first EZ-Flash IV from a couple years ago. Looks like it's just a box with plastic in it now.

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Man, I just remembered why I maybe wanted one. I was going to get it to play 2-player games on PocketNES that's too big for multiboot, and to have a backup Flashcart in case my M3 dies completely.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
I love my EZ-Flash IV. I remember buying it the same time I bought my backlit SP :yaysp:. It's really a shame it's being discontinued as there are still many GBAs floating around.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd say buy one while you can, its nice to be able to play the games on the original (backlit sp) hardware.

Once I updated the loader everything has run fine from RAM and NOR, my personal favourite theme (that includes the best loader) is clearlooks: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17257
They normally come with the latest official loader (has an awful star wars theme), but you'll get better compatibility with the modified 'reset' version included with that skin. It does a reset of the system before launching games (you see the gameboy splash screen again).
On the official loader SMA3 - Yoshi's Island only worked when flashed to NOR, with the 'reset' loader it works fine from RAM. I'm guessing this is tied to the fact it did a full reset when launching from NOR but not RAM on the official loader, where as the modded one does it for both.

It's a pity they cant run original gameboy/GBC games, still waiting for a tabbed battery to arrive so I can replace the one in my Mario Land 2 cart :)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a pity they cant run original gameboy/GBC games, still waiting for a tabbed battery to arrive so I can replace the one in my Mario Land 2 cart :)
GB emulators have existed for years and GBC emulators have existed for more than a handful as well- see goomba color. http://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php though you might also want to look at http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12660

As for SMA3 (and the other SMA titles) try renaming it with a 8:3 name (along with the same to the same name albeit with a .sav extension).

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Already have them named SMA1 through 4 cheers FAST6191 :)
I'm pretty sure the issue with SMA3 persisted when run in RAM even after I renamed the SMA games, but could be mistaken. It loaded fine straight of the bat when flashed to NOR but didnt load from RAM.

I have goomba set up on GBA, lameboy on DS (3ds XL), gbcoid on android etc, but want to complete mario land 2 on 'original hardware'. My old original brick GB and GBC aren't so easy on my ageing eyes, so the backlit SP is the best way to run it in hardware while still being playable :) Nice to have the SML2 cart back in proper order also.

If only the GBA afforded the overhead needed (and had a dev dedicated enough) to emulate GB as byuu's bsnes does for SNES on PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1