EZ Flash IV Cheat Assistance

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by NecroCombine666, Feb 25, 2010.

Feb 25, 2010
  1. NecroCombine666
    OP

Newcomer NecroCombine666 Advanced Member

United States
    Well I had thought they would work but I must be missing some sort of crucial step. I open the game in EZ Flash IV, then before sending it to my SD card a load the .cht file. Then I put it in my gameboy and load the game but none of the cheats are working.

2. se3k

Newcomer se3k Newbie

Ukraine
    I'm interesting in previous question too +
    For some roms cheat browse button is not active, for example "Super Robot Taise Original Generation"
    Is there a way to do something?

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Some have got cheats to work with the EZ4 but by and large we suggest using GBAATM instead:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=99334

If you do want cheats then it appears the RESET loader has troubles with them, it is only suggested to sort a problem with the DS loader GBA code launching in later kernels.

If you are using an EZ4 original (with miniSD) or EZ4 lite (basically not an EZ4 lite compact or lite deluxe) then you can fall back to http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/EZ4loader060726.zip without issue. You will however lose DS to GBA slot functionality (stuff like have a GBA game in the GBA slot while said DS game is playing and unlock features) as that was added in after the EZ4 lite compact and deluxe support was added.

The bug on troubles DS mode launching of GBA games so if you want you can use the latest kernel and either launch from GBA mode (there is a reset app from cory1492 that jumps you to GBA mode if you want). You could also try a hard reset in DS mode (L and A to launch if memory serves but check that first) as that will bypass the bug.

4. NecroCombine666
    OP

United States
    Just a quick question before I head to work. What is the button command for the cheat window?

5. zero1221

Newcomer zero1221 Advanced Member

United States
    I'd also like the answer to this question.

6. NecroCombine666
    OP

United States
    I'm not using a DS at all only a AGS-001 SP.

7. zero1221

Newcomer zero1221 Advanced Member

United States
    Apparently the EZ Flash IV's cheat menu is broken. That's what I've garnered from other posts at least.

Your going to need a program called GBAATM to use cheats on GBA games.

8. riune

Newcomer riune Newbie

Philippines
    Is there a way that I can put Boknai 3 cheats codes to Ez flash 4, I tried GBATM But It does not work. and I can't save in the game.

9. alphanemisis

Member alphanemisis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i want to use cheats with the 3in1 ...do roms have to be patched with codes and run straight off nor in gba mode on ndslite? any insite to this mystery would be helpful