Hardware EZ-FLASH IV and GBA

the byter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new EZ-FLASH IV and I'm having some difficulties with it. I'm new to this device and to the GBA, for that matter.

ROMs work when I load them in a DSL (tested 5 or 6). If I load them in the GBA loader, I get either:
a: Gameboy logo comes up, boots through various startup screens, then dies in a screech of sound
b: Screen goes blank after loading
c: Game appears to work, but sound is a mass of static

Any suggestions? Am I just very unlucky in choosing incompatible games?

Quark^2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use the EZ4_Client util to put them on your EZ4?
You can't just drop the .gba files on your miniSD, you must use the util.

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I got EZ Flash 4 as well and haven't still found one game that is not working. Ok the Ninty MP3 player didn't but not sure if its supposed to either.What are some the games that are not working?

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kalmis said:
I got EZ Flash 4 as well and haven't still found one game that is not working. Ok the Ninty MP3 player didn't but not sure if its supposed to either.What are some the games that are not working?

As far as the USA list goes, everything is playable.
Some games need some patches, but its the games that need patches on most cards *the classic nes series, and a few of the DBZ games.*
A few games have issues with the client software, and the reset function needs to be disabled. Also a few games have naming issues, and need to be under 24? characters. Most people to play it safe just do the 8.3 name formating on those games.

creep01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this happened to me but thats because i patched the games with cheats with GBAATM,so dont do that!!!!!!

the byter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using ROMs matching the advanscene pure set, audited with clrmame.

The games work if I load it on an NDS, but crash in a variety of ways if I load the same cart on the GBA. The GBA appears to work fine with other carts though.

I am using the EZ Flash Client 1.03. I use the defaults (save size type, save size size, and the "add save patch" checked).

nuki4a

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the byter said:
I'm using ROMs matching the advanscene pure set, audited with clrmame.

The games work if I load it on an NDS, but crash in a variety of ways if I load the same cart on the GBA. The GBA appears to work fine with other carts though.

I am using the EZ Flash Client 1.03. I use the defaults (save size type, save size size, and the "add save patch" checked).
you need also EZ4-Loader060710 (firmware) and every game will work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy