Hacking Ez Flash 3in1 Help!

PorrittFlash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well here's my problem, I have just purchased a 3in1 Expansion pack for my NDS which doesn't seam to be working... I try writing a ROM to NOR which it completes but then seams to crash when it gets to a bit which says 'Save File Backup/Load '. I have noticed that after I try this and I stick my Micro SD back in my Laptop and I keep finding a GBA Save file for '0004 - kurukuru kururin.SAV' which isn't the game I am trying to load! I am currently using a Ez Flash Vi, anyone have any ideas???

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used a 3in1 in so long with my Cyclo... but I believe I used to have to patch my GBA ROMS in some way...

I don't know if this is still the case, even for today. I think Cyclo eventually developed their GUI to not need the patches...
If you're using some sort of homebrew tool to launch the GBA roms for your 3in1, you probably have to patch them.

Forget the name of the GBA rom patcher/manager.

PorrittFlash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think I need to use anything to patch the ROMs since I use a Ez Flash Vi which can apparently play the ROMs by itself with the 3in1.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If your having that much of a problem writing a game. Use something else to erase what is on the 3in1 first before loading your game with the EZ-Flash Vi. You can use the SRAM test program to erase the left over data on the 3in1 before you try writing your game to it.

The SRAM test program can be found in the sticky or the first link in my sig. Or you can search for it on filetrip.

PorrittFlash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks I will gave that a go soon, although wouldn't my card should be working if it says its writing to NOR? Its just not getting passed the second stage, I just got this brand new as well.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='PorrittFlash']
Check this thread out. Mbmax has put the gbatemp.bin problem, with KuruKuru.sav, on the list of problems that need to be fixed with the 3 in 1.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jimmyemunoz
So would updating my kernal/firmware would this fix my problem?
No, I was pointing you to that thread so you would know that when you load a new kernel the gbatemp.bin file will have a save for the game kurukuru. Do what how_do_i_do_that told you to do, and you will be fine.

Your 3 in 1 is not broken. It's backing up a save that is associated with the kernel itself. The EZ Flash team know about the problem but haven't provided a fix yet. This problem doesn't stop the 3 in 1 from working. It's a problem where a save file that was already in the flash card will be over written if you were to apply one of the kernel updates. It's completely normal that you are encountering a kurukuru.sav file that you shouldn't have. What do you mean when you say "the game writes to NOR but then it seems to crash?" Either something crashes or it doesn't. So does your card crash or not? You do know the NOR is mainly used for 32MB games and multi-disc games. PSRAM is faster and typically the way to play most games. Have you tried to play a game using PSRAM to write a .sav file from a game yet? If not you should.

Are you pressing "R"+"A" to load your GBA rom?
If you still can't figure out what the problem is here you will find the answer.

PorrittFlash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i dont know what the hell i did but its working now :S Tried out all sorts and it apparently fixed it?? Thanks so much for the help!

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adding a GBA ROM to the Triple-pack

We are going to patch a GBA ROM with 3in1tools, copy it to our EZ5 MicroSD card then transfer it to the Triple-pack:

• Visit the EZ-FLASH official website
  • Download the 3in1tools and unzip it to your PC
  • Double-click 3In1Tools.exe to start the program
  • Click the 'Configure' button
  • Change the send path to your SD card reader drive
  • Click 'OK' to exit the configuration screen
  • Click the 'Open' button. This will display the ROM file chooser window.
  • Highlight your GBA ROM and click the 'Open' button
  • Check the 'ROM Name' text field in the top left hand corner. Enter a name if this text field is blank.
  • Ensure the Save Type is correct,
  • Click the 'Send button'. The ROM will patched and copied to your MicroSD card. It will appear as 'ROM name.gba'
  • Remove the MicroSD from your PC and insert it into your EZ5
  • Insert the EZ5 and EZ5 triple-pack into your Nintendo DS and turn it on.
  • Skip the health warning and launch the EZ5 menu
  • Highlight 'ROM name.gba', and press A. This will start backing up the existing save-data from the Triple-pack to your EZ5. GBA save-game files are stored in \GBASAVE.
  • Press A again. Wait about a minute for the ROM to be written to the Triple-pack.
  • Once complete, the GBA game will autmatically load.

Once a GBA game has been written to the Triple-pack, it will remain until a different GBA game is transferred.

There are a few ways to launch GBA games:

• Choose 'Start GBA game' from the DS main menu
  • Press R+A from the EZ5 main menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.