EZ Flash 3-in-1 Shell replacement

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by bunnybreaker, Jan 3, 2008.

1. bunnybreaker
    OP

bunnybreaker GBAtemp Fan

Jul 21, 2007
    Hello,
    I was thinking of buying a slot2 device and I have a DS Phat. I know there is a Phat version of the 3in1, but dealextreme.com currently doesn't stock it, and the Lite version is $20 and the shipping is free (I'm in the UK).

Someone on the dealextreme site mentioned the possibility of swapping the innards of the 3in1 into a regular GBA game case. Is this possible, has anyone here done it and do you know where I can find a guide?

There is one alternative I have (that is also cheap), is there any software akin to Rudolphs tool that can write GBA ROMs (and read saves) from a slot1 device (R4 in my case) to the firelinker as I don't have a GBA and don't want to be tied to a LPT port.

Thanks.

2. mrgone

mrgone GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 6, 2002
    Germany
    i have a r4 + 3in1 and use rudolphs tool

3. bunnybreaker
    OP

bunnybreaker GBAtemp Fan

Jul 21, 2007
    Thanks.

I still need to know if anyone has succesfully taken the innards out of a 3-in-1 Lite and put them into a GBA cart sized casing and got it to work.

I imagine it would work, but I don't want to buy the 3-in-1 Lite then take it apart and find that it won't fit securely inside a GBA game case.

(I know this might seem like a strange option, but it will save me some money and a lot of hassle cuz my friend needs to order some stuff too and we don't want to have to go to multiple sites)

4. .::5pYd3r::.

.::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Jun 2, 2007
    The GREAT Southern Land :D
  5. bunnybreaker
    OP

bunnybreaker GBAtemp Fan

Jul 21, 2007
    Thanks a lot

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice