Hacking EZ 3 in 1 Plus Woes

Le Reveur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand the new Ez 3 in 1 Plus gba and ram expansion has hardware issues with the current firmware of Cyclo DS (1.54 or 1.55 beta). I know this because I bought both of them.

If that's the case I'm wondering if I should buy a different gba expansion. Do you guys have any suggestions to replace EZ 3 in Plus, with one that has full hardware support with the excellent Cyclo DS.

The main objective of doing this, is so I can migrate pokemon to my platinum rom. I've heard of people doing this with flashcarts, especially with the earlier version of Ez 3 in 1. But also from viewing the endless and various threads on pokemon migrating, I can see that the Ez 3 in 1 Plus can't do this with the Cyclo DS

Thank you so much for anyone who helps out with my troubles!

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Nope, sorry. The only expansion that works natively with the CycloDS is the EZFlash 3-in-1. If you use any other expansion packs then you'd need to get GBAExploader.

Le Reveur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new 3 in 1 Plus you have to use gba exploader for it to work.

I'm just trying to make it work in a way so i can migrate pokemon.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
baffle-boy said:
is there an obvious difference in appearance between the EZ3in1 and the EZ3in1+ ??
If you mean from looking at the box, I don't think so. When the Plus first came out most retailers didn't even realise a new version was released since the box looked exactly the same as their old shipments.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A used Pokemon game pak would be cheaper than any GBA flash cart... you could just use Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool to restore the *.sav you were using with your ROM to the original game pak, and migrate that way.

This one is no good for migrating since it can't act as an original cartridge the way the 3in1 can with the NOR memory, however the M3 GBA Expansion Pack is a better solution for just playing GBA ROMs than the 3in1, IMO. It has 32MB of RAM so you can play even the largest GBA game on-the-fly, and for about $30 shipped it's a great deal for one of the few slot-2 solutions with a real-time-clock for games like the Pokemon series. It has to be used with GBA ExpLoader on the Cyclo, of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay