EZ 3 in 1 Plus Woes

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Le Reveur, Aug 9, 2009.

Aug 9, 2009

EZ 3 in 1 Plus Woes by Le Reveur at 4:02 PM (1,301 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Le Reveur
    OP

Newcomer Le Reveur Member

United States
    From what I understand the new Ez 3 in 1 Plus gba and ram expansion has hardware issues with the current firmware of Cyclo DS (1.54 or 1.55 beta). I know this because I bought both of them.

If that's the case I'm wondering if I should buy a different gba expansion. Do you guys have any suggestions to replace EZ 3 in Plus, with one that has full hardware support with the excellent Cyclo DS.

The main objective of doing this, is so I can migrate pokemon to my platinum rom. I've heard of people doing this with flashcarts, especially with the earlier version of Ez 3 in 1. But also from viewing the endless and various threads on pokemon migrating, I can see that the Ez 3 in 1 Plus can't do this with the Cyclo DS

Thank you so much for anyone who helps out with my troubles!

2. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Nope, sorry. The only expansion that works natively with the CycloDS is the EZFlash 3-in-1. If you use any other expansion packs then you'd need to get GBAExploader.

3. Le Reveur
    OP

Newcomer Le Reveur Member

United States
    With the new 3 in 1 Plus you have to use gba exploader for it to work.

I'm just trying to make it work in a way so i can migrate pokemon.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  5. baffle-boy

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    is there an obvious difference in appearance between the EZ3in1 and the EZ3in1+ ??

6. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    If you mean from looking at the box, I don't think so. When the Plus first came out most retailers didn't even realise a new version was released since the box looked exactly the same as their old shipments.

7. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    A used Pokemon game pak would be cheaper than any GBA flash cart... you could just use Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool to restore the *.sav you were using with your ROM to the original game pak, and migrate that way.

This one is no good for migrating since it can't act as an original cartridge the way the 3in1 can with the NOR memory, however the M3 GBA Expansion Pack is a better solution for just playing GBA ROMs than the 3in1, IMO. It has 32MB of RAM so you can play even the largest GBA game on-the-fly, and for about $30 shipped it's a great deal for one of the few slot-2 solutions with a real-time-clock for games like the Pokemon series. It has to be used with GBA ExpLoader on the Cyclo, of course.