Gaming Extremely Wierd Problem wiht my PSP

Boltr24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got my psp hacked like 2 weeks ago and all was fine and dandy. But last week I installed CWcheat on my PSP (CFW GEN-D) and the psp could no longer play cinemas.
When one comes on it either freezes and I have to turn the system off or the screen goes either white with green,yellow and red pixels on the screen in random places or the screen goes green with white and black pixels in random places and then it freezes anyways.

I've tried uninstalling CWcheat but that didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

mcboom

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe you downloaded a bad dump, try downloading another one and see if it happens again.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
do you mean movies?
CWcheat doesnt effect the PSP menu, it effects games and PS1 games.
and if your using the newest one, thats only like a beta. So get a version lower from that.
and if its in AVI format, i have a problem on my GEN D2 that cant play AVI.

mcboom

Trophies
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
do you mean movies?
and if your using the newest one, thats only like a beta. So get a version lower from that.
The psp does not support AVI format but supports the MP4 format, I recommend you use the psp video converter 9 that is the best converter for the psp and i heard from somewhere that when the psp records a video using a camera it saves in AVI format
wacko.gif

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
mcboom said:
deanxxczx said:
do you mean movies?
The psp does not support AVI format but supports the MP4 format, I recommend you use the psp video converter 9 that is the best converter for the psp and i heard from somewhere that when the psp records a video using a camera it saves in AVI format
wacko.gif

The PSP does support AVI, when i was on GEN B2, i converted my final fantasy replays and it was in AVI format and it worked just fine on my PSP.

mcboom

Trophies
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
mcboom said:
deanxxczx said:
do you mean movies?
wacko.gif

The PSP does support AVI, when i was on GEN B2, i converted my final fantasy replays and it was in AVI format and it worked just fine on my PSP.
Really? i will try to downgrade and check, if this is true i can finally just put any movie i want on my psp without having to go through the long and annoying conversion process. Thank you!!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
mcboom said:
deanxxczx said:
mcboom said:
deanxxczx said:
do you mean movies?
wacko.gif

Really? i will try to downgrade and check, if this is true i can finally just put any movie i want on my psp without having to go through the long and annoying conversion process. Thank you!!

I will try converting one of my other Dissidia replays later to see if it wasn't the file, but i'm pretty sure its a bug, because it works fine on my computer.
When i start the video, like a second of it comes up then it says this video can not be started. It worked 100% on GEN B2.

Off topic: your photo on your sig has been moved or deleted
rofl2.gif

mcboom

Trophies
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
mcboom said:
deanxxczx said:
mcboom said:
deanxxczx said:
do you mean movies?
wacko.gif

I will try converting one of my other Dissidia replays later to see if it wasn't the file, but i'm pretty sure its a bug, because it works fine on my computer.
When i start the video, like a second of it comes up then it says this video can not be started. It worked 100% on GEN B2.

Off topic: your photo on your sig has been moved or deleted
rofl2.gif
Oh okay i'll just downgrade later i'm too lazy to do it now

Off topic: I know that i'm just lazy to get a new one

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
back on topic boys, i believe boltr is talking about the cutscenes in games...

my guess is that you are playing the games in cso format, and it is too heavily compressed to decompress and play them correctly at the same time. i had the same problem with parappa, only it never froze.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
themuddaload said:
back on topic boys, i believe boltr is talking about the cutscenes in games...

my guess is that you are playing the games in cso format, and it is too heavily compressed to decompress and play them correctly at the same time. i had the same problem with parappa, only it never froze.

oh is it cutscenes?
Yeah try ISO instead of CSO. I've never had this problem

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
about the avi/mp4 thing:
yes the psp supports AVI, but you can't dump just any avi file on there.
the psp only supports a few encodings, bitrates, and resolutions.
most video files you find have a too high bitrate and resolution and quite often a wrong encoding as well.

Boltr24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if only it were that they were in cso. All my games are in iso format, and yeah i meant cutscenes. They won't even load on a actual UMD.

I tried downgrading last night but that didn't work either

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Change the Clock Speeds back to default in the VSH or Recovery Menu's.

mcboom

Trophies
XP
Country
Try changing your driver, for example you are on the m33 driver then switch to the sony np6690 driver but don't go to the normal driver because then your ISOs on your psp wont load

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If it was the NO-UMD driver UMD's shouldn't be equally effected.

I'd suggest at this point it would have to be your firmware if both UMD's and ISO's are choppy. I'd suggest you reflash, format flash1 and start again. People have reported issues with GEN-D and many advice sticking to GEN B or 5.00M33-6 as they have experienced less problems.

Boltr24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deanxxczx said:
Boltr24 said:
xist said:
Change the Clock Speeds back to default in the VSH or Recovery Menu's.
did that.. still not working =(

what game's are you trying to play?
I've been trying Dissidia & Final Fantasy Tactics:War of the Lions

I did downgrade back to 5.50 Gen-B but it's still happening. Should I just go back to OFW and then re-hack?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Go to 5.00M33-6 and see if the problem persists when you enable the MS access speed boost option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water