Homebrew Extremely stuck: Emunand Restore Failed

klito38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! I've spent almost 7 hours trying to figure this out and I'm just stuck and lost.I'll give a thorough breakdown of what I've been doing all day.

Main objective: Transfer Rednand from my 4 GB (1 GB remaining) to my 32 GB card

I did the read and write method successfully, but my 32 GB became 1 GB, just like my old sd card. When I got to using partitions(EasyUS Partitions), I would extend the green bar, but when I do, my SD card is unaccesible. I can't open it at all. It errors.

The other method which is the Emunand Tool, doesn't work because my SD card is undetect. It is already in Fat32 format by default.

So I decided to do the Emunand9 method, but the main issue with this is that my old SD card has only 1 GB left and the emunand.bin file is too large. I can't back up my emunand through emunand9.

Then I went on reddit, and someone told me to transfer all the files from my 4 GB, delete everything, and then dump the emunand.bin in it, which I did, and it was successful. I transferred the emunand.bin into the new SD card which I formatted in emunand9. I put the emunand.bin in the emunand9 folder. I loaded it in emunand9, injected it, and when it got to 65%, it errored on me.

It said: SD card i/o failure; Restore failed.

Can you guys help me out? Why did it error? I have enough GBs in my new SD card. I don't know what else could have gone wrong?
Maybe because I had Rednand and backed it up as Emunand, but they're kind of the same, and theres a conversion between Rednand and Emunand in Emunand9.
The other thing it could be is when I deleted all the files to make room for the emunand.bin, but the guy said that's okay, and the backup was successful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle