Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this goes here specifically. According to a thread on Reddit, the ASUS BW-16D1H-U Pro that I got after the OP of the aforementioned post recommended it to the RPCS3 sub is supposed to be able to read and rip PS3 BDs. Problem is, it isn't telling me they are even there when I put them in the drive, and I'm not sure if it has to do with the firmware being E104 when the ideal firmware for UHD playback and ripping is A201, or the region settings that can be set in the Device Manger.

I did test one of the regular Blu-Rays I have and it detects that like any other optical drive would as well. So it definitely isn't detecting PS3 discs and 4K Blu-rays specifically. (not that I really care for the latter)

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this goes here specifically. According to a thread on Reddit, the ASUS BW-16D1H-U Pro that I got after the OP of the aforementioned post recommended it to the RPCS3 sub is supposed to be able to read and rip PS3 BDs. Problem is, it isn't telling me they are even there when I put them in the drive, and I'm not sure if it has to do with the firmware being E104 when the ideal firmware for UHD playback and ripping is A201, or the region settings that can be set in the Device Manger.

I did test one of the regular Blu-Rays I have and it detects that like any other optical drive would as well. So it definitely isn't detecting PS3 discs and 4K Blu-rays specifically. (not that I really care for the latter)

I would just mod your PS3 and backup your games directly on the PS3 itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm gonna buy another Series X, but can't decide if I should wait till the Xbox June event...