Ps4 Slim firmware 7.00 with broken blu ray drive.

Tomtani1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care about fixing the broken blu ray drive. I would like to update to firmware 9.0 to jailbreak it. Sony does not allow me to update the firmware with a broken blu ray drive by using the official method.

Can I use the firmware 7.02 jailbreak? Does the firmware 7.02 jailbreak work for firmware 7.0? Then use the NO Blu-Ray Drive app to update to firmwate 9.0.

Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the offsets would be different, so it wouldn't work. I'm not sure if lm added support to those limbo firmwares or not. I think he was going to between 5.05 and 7.5x, but I don't really know. I could ask him for you if you'd like. in fact, I'll do that.

Tomtani1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the offsets would be different, so it wouldn't work. I'm not sure if lm added support to those limbo firmwares or not. I think he was going to between 5.05 and 7.5x, but I don't really know. I could ask him for you if you'd like. in fact, I'll do that.
I would appreciate any help from you.

Reactions: godreborn

Tomtani1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would appreciate any help from you.
I just did some reading and here is where the difficulty lies. I am currently on firmware 7.00 and my ps4 slim is not jailbroken. I cannot use the firmware 7.02 jailbreak. There is no public released firmware 7.00 jailbreak.

Lightning Mods's Nobd Updater will only work on a currently jailbroken ps4. The Nobd Updater should work for firmware 7.00 as well.

Can someone confirm that with a broken blu ray drive that I cannot just download firmware 7.02 onto a usb memory stick, go into safemode and then update to firmware 7.02?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got a response from al azif:

1664292358365.png

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Does Chendo's exploit and Orbis repair guide require my ps4 firmware 7.00 to already be jailbroken? I just read the Orbis repair guide and I am not sure.
I don't know the exact process. someone else is asking about it on discord. I'll let you know what alazif or lm says. I did link them to this thread.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's possible that the nobd detects the firmware, and is firmware agnostic. that's kinda the question I posed to alazif. I know that the debug.bin is now as well as alazif is working on making goldhen that way as well if I understand some of her comments on discord. I don't know how that's going. I haven't posted in that channel in many months as I haven't needed any help or help for others when I don't know the answer. ;)

Tomtani1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Does Chendo's exploit and Orbis repair guide require my ps4 firmware 7.00 to already be jailbroken? I just read the Orbis repair guide and it requires installing a pkg file using the package installer.
Modded Warfare's Youtube video from May 6, 2022 explained the situation. I don't know if there has been any updated methods.

I have two options. 1. Fix the blu ray drive. 2. Wait for a firmware 7.00 jailbreak in order to use the package installer to run a pkg file.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modded Warfare's Youtube video from May 6, 2022 explained the situation. I don't know if there has been any updated methods.

I have two options. 1. Fix the blu ray drive. 2. Wait for a firmware 7.00 jailbreak in order to use the package installer to run a pkg file.

like I said, there already is a 7.00 jailbreak: https://github.com/ChendoChap/ps4-ipv6-uaf

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse