Not open for further replies.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, i'm going to buy a whole bunch of original brick gameboys and a sack of oranges. Then, I'm going to peel the stickers off of the oranges and stick them to the gameboys (so you think they are oranges) and fill a sock with the disguised gameboys, and beat you with them.

Apparently your moral compass needs adjusting if you need the internet to validate the incredibly selfish act you just performed.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I traded in a 3DS which would be considered working only by the strictest legal definition.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the internet to validate what you have done, not to mention you're asking GBAtemp of all sites...? That's a bit silly, if you ask me. No matter how much GameStop deserves it, doing the actual deed merits a massive facepalm. Very selfish act, hope you are proud of yourself.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So your saying they open the new games?? and still sell them as new, No way would I accept that. thats crazy:wacko:
yeah i know that's why i only bought the games that i could not find at any other store there.
also they don't even seal the "NEW" game case with a gamestop sticker or something. so if you wanted to you could just walk into the store and copy all the dlc codes that come with the games.
also this happened to me 2 years ago, 3 months after infamous 2 came out(i believe):
I refused to buy it(Infamous 2) at Gamestop but no matter what store i would go to they did not have it in. So i said f**k it i'll just buy it at gamestop, anyways i went to the local Gamestop and bought a "NEW" but not sealed version of Infamous 2, because they said that they did not have a sealed copy of the game, this was at about 10 min to the store closing. When i got home i open the case to play my game, but the casher did not put the game in the case. So i tried i called but it was closed already. I decided to call the next day. one of the employees pick up and i explain to her what happened this stupid bitch tell me to hold then hang up on me, i was like wtf maybe the call was disconnected, so i call again, she said the same thing to me then hangs up again, i am pissed now i call back asking was she kept hanging up on me, she then start to tell me that she told me to call back in 5 minutes(when she did not).
I say to myself f**k this i am going to the store. I get there and ask for the manager. I tell him what happened he was like "i am sorry sir but i don't believe you" so i tell him look up the security camera from the day before and he did not want to, like i said i was there the day before at about 10 minutes before closing time, i told him ether to check the security footage and give me my game or i will call the cop, as i was robed. He reluctantly went and check the security footage and guess what? it turns out the the person that sold me the game stole it, he put the disk into his pocket, i was talking to my brother in law so i wasnt paying to much attention. the manager game me a sealed copy of the game and a gift card with 20 dollars on it(the game was on sale for 29.99 i think) apologized, then decided to check some more footage from that week. it turn out that the employee was stealing from them for a while, was fired and had to pay about 2000 dollars

sorry for the long post

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter how much GameStop deserves it...

Gamestop doesn't "deserve" anything...
No one is forced to shop there. It's cool to not agree with their business model, but for anyone to suggest that they are underhanded or evil is just silly.
You don't like what they charge for used games? Shop somewhere else, and ask them if you can return your used game for any reason whatsoever (including: I finished it) within 7 days...
You don't like what they give you for trade-ins? No problem, just go ahead and post them on Craigslist or ebay and enjoy meeting some stranger at McDonalds or making a trip to the post office and paying for shipping.

I don't see many people talking about how much Starbucks deserves to be ripped off for charging $2+ for a coffee when they could make it themselves for around $0.20... You're paying for convenience...

On topic:
Sometimes I forget there are people like this in the world... Then I go to work and realize I deal with them every day...

Reactions: NEP and Gahars

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually here at my gamestop whenever I trade-in games he takes our informations... so I guess it would be pretty friggin' easy to trace back that sort of fraud...

They take all of our information which includes;

Name
Address
Phone Number
License Number
Thumb Print
Blood of first born child.

They say it's due to having to a law that makes them treat trade ins similar to a pawn shop.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Name
Address
Phone Number
License Number
Thumb Print

They say it's due to having to a law that makes them treat trade ins similar to a pawn shop.
Which is actually true. The Sheriff's Department here temporarily shut down 2 local stores a few years back because they weren't doing this... Some people don't realize Gamestop is doing it because they scan their Power Up Rewards card and it already has your info on it. Just have to sign over the trades at the end of the transaction (which also signifies your agreeing to their policies).

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fraud is fraud. The morality of it is not contingent on who it was done to.

Gamestop's code of ethics should have no impact on yours. Even if they are ripping people off, that does not justify you ripping them off. Your logic seems to be that two wrongs make a right, which is a complete fallacy.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All i say is Fuck Gamestop to Hell and Back :evil: Fucken Crooks Themselves
What makes them crooks?
If it is about the second hand buying prices that is the standard model for a pawn shop type affair.
If it is them robbing those poor downtrodden game devs by selling second hand games then yeah that is not quite how things work.
If it is them removing downloadable versions of games then yeah that could be kind of bad. Though they did go quite far to sort that one http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2391984,00.asp
If it is about them reboxing the possible reprint xenoblade got the other week then is that even remotely close to being out of order?
I could see questions about their virtual monopoly status.... until I consider you can still buy games in loads of places otherwise.

As for the OP we have already geolocated you and are now finding the staff member closest to us so we do not get stung with a large phone bill for ringing round the gamestops of the area.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That Xenoblade thing really got my Juices Flowing.........I stopped supporting GS years ago i only buy from my Local Ma&Pa game shop and the mighty Amazon

I remember selling sum complete in box DS Games the last time i dealt with em and they gave me $1 dollar for my copy of Gunpey DS :wtf: they gave me 35 dollars for $150 worth of Games

Never Again..........Never Again

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They arnt ripping anyone off, they are a middle man who looks to make profit
You are taking the hit for convenience, you can walk in with used games and walk out with cash
If people are too lazy and stupid to sell it them selves, then thats their problem

At the end of the day they didnt commit a crime but you did

Reactions: NEP and retKHAAAN

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They arnt ripping anyone off, they are a middle man who looks to make profit
You are taking the hit for convenience, you can walk in with used games and walk out with cash
If people are too lazy and stupid to sell it them selves, then thats their problem

At the end of the day they didnt commit a crime but you did

Blame the Victim........Typical Corporate BS

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or worse these guys THE SEQUEL POLICE
Sequel_Police

Sequel_Police
http://spacequest.wikia.com/wiki/Sequel_Police?file=SP-DialoguePortrait.png
sorry bad space quest joke

Don't apologize, you deserve a cookie for finding an excuse to make a Space Quest reference. (by the way, none of the pictures show)

Now go finish swabbing the deck of the Aluminum Mallard.

As for the topic at hand, I'm not a fan of what you've done. I don't have any love for gamestop, but the poor kid who buys a copy of OoT and finds it to be a Fatal Frame spinoff will be rather disappointed.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blame the Victim........Typical Corporate BS
Victim of what exactly? When you take a handful of games in, and they tell you, "You'll get $12 for these three games," you certainly have the option and opportunity to say, "No Thanks."

You are essentially paying them so you don't have to meet some stranger at the 7-Eleven outside of town or take your chances on ebay where your auction might end at a decent price not including shipping expenses...

Reactions: Deleted-236924

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP isn't the victim, the guy who buys that game is. Gamestop isn't taking a hit for it.

I agree and that really Sucks.......we are screwing ourselves we the people :( But GS other Practices are whut im saying

The OP really didnt think it thru i guess that he was gonna be ripping off another customer in the process

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I traded in a 3DS which would be considered working only by the strictest legal definition.

...I gotta hear this one.

Name
Address
Phone Number
License Number
Thumb Print

Odd, they do NOT do that here, whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol