Hacking Experiencing weird bug with installing theme-cia file / lost save game

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Installed new super maro bros + 10 DLC put in root sd
+ downloaded the 50 themes everyone talks about put them in folder.

Launch devmenu.
Installed all of em.

Switched to pokemon menu.
Rebooted like 7 times, nothing was wrong.

Suddenly my pokemon theme was gone + the installed game on my emunand.

So re-installed new super mario bros cia file.

My savegame file is gone WTF. My savegame file where is it now? gone forever?

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well the savegame was in the installed "rom" file ( correct me if i am wrong), so if the game is gone the savegame is gone ( correct me if i am wrong).

Did you go to data management in your sys or emunand?, as this will remove any manual installed cia's?

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I may have... lol thanks so now I know :S
Then it may not be wise to install games in cia's
Or not acces that menu. but seems like a risk to me.

Are the savegames always stored inthe roms I dont understand, then what are the savs files?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i heard going into eshop can cause stuff to be uninstalled too :S....idk though....might be best to backup all your saves with SDF before using eshop and stuff.....or just avoid data management and eshop :)

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I may have... lol thanks so now I know :S
Then it may not be wise to install games in cia's
Or not acces that menu. but seems like a risk to me.

Are the savegames always stored inthe roms I dont understand, then what are the savs files?

depends on the rom "type"(card1 or card2). Card2 roms (like animal crossing and pokemon) are saved inside the rom, while card 1 saves to your sd-card.
The card type can be found mostly in the nfo inccluded when you download roms, or check it with ctrtool. There are also tools available to convert a rom type.

But when you install a game as .cia it will always save as card2 (this is what i think, so i could be wrong!!), so in the "rom"(or whatever it is called after you installed it).

i heard going into eshop can cause stuff to be uninstalled too :S....idk though....might be best to backup all your saves with SDF before using eshop and stuff.....or just avoid data management and eshop :)
i haven't experienced this, although i only have bene once in the eshop since i installed some .cia's

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So if I were to wish to backup an installed cia file. I don't backup the cia I take it?
As thats the installer not actual data anymore?

Or is the installation cia used as reference file in the installation and it is actually saved in that same cia?

taha1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're talking about cia games each save file are inside a folder called data in the SAME folder as the game you're deleting. if you delete a game the WHOLE folder is gone
so if you want to delete anything or do some experiments better backup each data folder for each game. every game will recognize the save file even after deletion

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok but then I suppose u can't delete the cia after it has been "installed"? Is this true for the new super mario bros game cia ?
But not true for dlc cia's? and U can delete them?
Modified RDF whats that? THeme u mean? Yes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT