Hardware Experience with AGPtek wii u pro controller?

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there,

i was looking for an alternative to Nintendos pro controller, since 45 bucks for a controller is quite pricey. While doing so i came across the 'AGPtek® White Dual Analog Wireless Gamepad Controller for Nintendo Wii U Pro'. (http://www.amazon.de/AGPtek®-Wirele...23701214&sr=1-6&keywords=wii+u+pro+controller) It's only 19 bucks, however i would still like to hear some opinions before blowing money. So does anyone own the controller and could tell me more about it?

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own the controller (finally broke down and got an official one, and its definitely worth the extra cash), but I have done a bunch of research on it. According to what I was able to find, this is just your standard Chinese knock-off controller you might find on Ebay, meaning the quality is a toss-up.

Personally, I'd recommend the PDP controller for Wii-u if you really don't want to pay $45 for an official one. Its slightly cheaper, and its a pretty well-built controller. A friend of mine has one, and he likes it.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Personally, I'd recommend the PDP controller for Wii-u if you really don't want to pay $45 for an official one. Its slightly cheaper, and its a pretty well-built controller. A friend of mine has one, and he likes it.
You failed to mention the PDP controller must be attached to a Wiimote.

I didn't have an AGPtek one specifically, but a generic fake from a Chinese eBay seller. The controller broke down after a few weeks use. That's all I need to say.

LysergCooltyp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I had considered the PDP as well, however only amazon seems to sell it in germany and the reviews were mixed. It was also odd that it was like 15 buck cheaper than what i would have to pay regulary on any american site. I knew that it requires a wii mote tho, but thanks for bringing it up.

I got a chinese rip-off xbox360 controller and it's pretty decent, so meh - not sure what to do. Xd

LysergCooltyp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You failed to mention the PDP controller must be attached to a Wiimote.

I didn't have an AGPtek one specifically, but a generic fake from a Chinese eBay seller. The controller broke down after a few weeks use. That's all I need to say.

My apologies, I was actually referring to this one, but I was a bit confused. Its an Afterglow Pro controller but its sold by PDP on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
My apologies, I was actually referring to this one, but I was a bit confused. Its an Afterglow Pro controller but its sold by PDP on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop
There's mixed opinions about this, some people say it's great while others claim the controller's battery runs short and broke down pretty quickly.

If I were you I'd just get the official because it's the definitive traditional controller for the Wii U.

Also, I'd recommend you to get a silicone protective cover for it as it avoids the controller's being scratched or slippery.

419m3l9cXFL._SY355_.jpg

P.S.: You might want to consider thumb grips but I wouldn't really consider them a must as is the silicone cover.

LysergCooltyp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, i'll look into it. For now i intend to get a wii mote and the pdp controller (for emulators, gc and wii) and then the original one at a later date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.