Experience with AGPtek wii u pro controller?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by LysergCooltyp, Feb 12, 2015.

1. LysergCooltyp
    OP

LysergCooltyp I don't know why the microwave burns

Nov 4, 2011
    Hey there,

i was looking for an alternative to Nintendos pro controller, since 45 bucks for a controller is quite pricey. While doing so i came across the 'AGPtek® White Dual Analog Wireless Gamepad Controller for Nintendo Wii U Pro'. (http://www.amazon.de/AGPtek®-Wirele...23701214&sr=1-6&keywords=wii+u+pro+controller) It's only 19 bucks, however i would still like to hear some opinions before blowing money. So does anyone own the controller and could tell me more about it?

2. gokuguy

gokuguy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2008
    United States
    I don't own the controller (finally broke down and got an official one, and its definitely worth the extra cash), but I have done a bunch of research on it. According to what I was able to find, this is just your standard Chinese knock-off controller you might find on Ebay, meaning the quality is a toss-up.

Personally, I'd recommend the PDP controller for Wii-u if you really don't want to pay $45 for an official one. Its slightly cheaper, and its a pretty well-built controller. A friend of mine has one, and he likes it.

3. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    You failed to mention the PDP controller must be attached to a Wiimote.

I didn't have an AGPtek one specifically, but a generic fake from a Chinese eBay seller. The controller broke down after a few weeks use. That's all I need to say.

4. LysergCooltyp
    OP

Nov 4, 2011
    I had considered the PDP as well, however only amazon seems to sell it in germany and the reviews were mixed. It was also odd that it was like 15 buck cheaper than what i would have to pay regulary on any american site. I knew that it requires a wii mote tho, but thanks for bringing it up.

I got a chinese rip-off xbox360 controller and it's pretty decent, so meh - not sure what to do. Xd

5. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    AGPtek ist kacke. Nur original kaufen. :teach:

6. LysergCooltyp
    OP

Nov 4, 2011
  7. gokuguy

gokuguy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2008
    United States

My apologies, I was actually referring to this one, but I was a bit confused. Its an Afterglow Pro controller but its sold by PDP on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop

8. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
  9. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    There's mixed opinions about this, some people say it's great while others claim the controller's battery runs short and broke down pretty quickly.

If I were you I'd just get the official because it's the definitive traditional controller for the Wii U.

Also, I'd recommend you to get a silicone protective cover for it as it avoids the controller's being scratched or slippery.

[​IMG]

P.S.: You might want to consider thumb grips but I wouldn't really consider them a must as is the silicone cover.

10. LysergCooltyp
    OP

Nov 4, 2011
    Thanks, i'll look into it. For now i intend to get a wii mote and the pdp controller (for emulators, gc and wii) and then the original one at a later date.