Not open for further replies.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Before I go anywhere in this video, let me begin by saying that I consider myself an thoughtful but struggling Catholic. No flaming at all please as I know many of you look down upon Catholics and if that's your opinion, so be it.

lastRegret said:
@above, Its safe to say that guy is didn't take his pills. He's trying to prove God's existence 'cause of the shape of a fucking banana?

That wasn't the point of the video. The point was that something that seems so very simple has been given so much creative thought and all this occurs within nature. I don't know of infinite examples like that, but I do know of similar examples that show that there is just no conceivable way everything around us is caused by chance. Of course, you cannot take the shape of a banana to prove that an almighty being exists, but something about it just shows that there has got to be some creator.

Again, I can almost bet I am going to hear the argument, "Who created God?" In complete honesty, I cannot answer that. Nobody can answer that. It gets to a point where logic can no longer prove the existence of a greater being, and we must rely on faith.

In my own experiences, I have had a lot of trouble with this and I will continue to learn about my faith. Some common questions still arise such as to the perfection of God. Is he really perfect?

` regret .

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
fgghjjkll said:
i heard that goths and emos believe and follow the devil D:

No, Emo is short for Emotional (I think) they are just not happy with there lives, and they don't want to be here anymore but lay peacefully in the ground. I'm not sure about Goths but I don't think they follow the Devil. Satanists on the other hand worship the Devil as others worship the God.

fristi

Trophies
XP
Country
402400842_b45ef4ac5d.jpg

i drank god

` regret .

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hamtotem said:
Before I go anywhere in this video, let me begin by saying that I consider myself an thoughtful but struggling Catholic. No flaming at all please as I know many of you look down upon Catholics and if that's your opinion, so be it.

lastRegret said:
@above, Its safe to say that guy is didn't take his pills. He's trying to prove God's existence 'cause of the shape of a fucking banana?

That wasn't the point of the video. The point was that something that seems so very simple has been given so much creative thought and all this occurs within nature. I don't know of infinite examples like that, but I do know of similar examples that show that there is just no conceivable way everything around us is caused by chance. Of course, you cannot take the shape of a banana to prove that an almighty being exists, but something about it just shows that there has got to be some creator.

Again, I can almost bet I am going to hear the argument, "Who created God?" In complete honesty, I cannot answer that. Nobody can answer that. It gets to a point where logic can no longer prove the existence of a greater being, and we must rely on faith.

In my own experiences, I have had a lot of trouble with this and I will continue to learn about my faith. Some common questions still arise such as to the perfection of God. Is he really perfect?

If you beleive in evolution you can beleive that as we grew to become the mammals we are today we grew accustomed to things in life and adapted to help us in life.

@above : Nice to know I can buy God for 1.99.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hamtotem said:

lastRegret said:

You guys are both joking right? This man is mocking God, not stating he exists because of bananas. The guy to the right of him is laughing. Plus, he said bananas are perfectly proportioned to our mouths...anything we are able to chew on is perfectly proportioned to our mouths, if this wasn't true we wouldn't be able to eat it!

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ hamtotem

You do know the modern banana has been extensively modified. It had to be domesticated by man. In fact this is what an undomesticated banana looks like.
180px-Inside_a_wild-type_banana.jpg

fristi

Trophies
XP
Country
i like banana's
god likes banana's to, just look at the shape of the banana! it must be

ohmy.gif
i must be god, we have so mutch in common

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
@ hamtotem

You do know the modern banana has been extensively modified. It had to be domesticated by man. In fact this is what an undomesticated banana looks like.
180px-Inside_a_wild-type_banana.jpg
Do scientists do this with other fruits too?

When I first heard about this, I looked it up. lol There were pink bananas, blue bananas, green (not the same as the domestic, under-riped (is that even the word for it?) banana) bananas, and oddly shaped bananas.

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if he stopped all the wars then that means that not everyone has free will the reason to make us was free will its how we use it that affects the world maybe God left us to rule the world as a test to see how far man can go before he reaches his limit in blasphemy and arrogance- yah philosophy lol

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, simply put, God exists. How do I know? I am God :evillaughter:

Meh, I hate these religious debates. The concept of God is a flawed one at best. I personally think God is a giant spaghetti monster.

I did like Code Geass' interpretation of God. It's a collective of everyone's consciousness. Since God is said to "control everyone", this would be a correct interpretation. Your conscience controls everything in the world.

Personally, I don't believe in something that rules over everyone. It's like accepting a tyrant, if you think about it. One person with absolute power over everything? Hm...

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lastRegret said:
If you beleive in evolution

Evolution fits the definition of a fact. It happens all of the time. Bacteria can become resistant to drugs. Bugs can become resistant to pesticides. Every year you have to get a new flu shot because the flu virus has evolved. I honestly don't see how someone could not believe in evolution.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Well, simply put, God exists. How do I know? I am God :evillaughter:

Meh, I hate these religious debates. The concept of God is a flawed one at best. I personally think God is a giant spaghetti monster.

I did like Code Geass' interpretation of God. It's a collective of everyone's consciousness. Since God is said to "control everyone", this would be a correct interpretation. Your conscience controls everything in the world.

Personally, I don't believe in something that rules over everyone. It's like accepting a tyrant, if you think about it. One person with absolute power over everything? Hm...
That was the way of life 600 years ago. No one wanted it, but everyone thought it was for the best. And it was, for the most part. In the beginning, revolutions of government were overly violent, and everyone thought that everyone else is their enemy. But, over time, people calmed down.

Also, a tyrant isn't always "bad."

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
does God exist? meh, who knows. dont really care.
does the moderate "love your neighbor" God exist? again, who knows.

does the strict-ass douchebag eternal-punishment-for-sinning God exist? hell no.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lastRegret said:
If you beleive in evolution you can beleive that as we grew to become the mammals we are today we grew accustomed to things in life and adapted to help us in life.
And that's a fair argument. Adaptation is certainly a possibility in this situation. I was simply explaining the logic behind the video that 99% of people don't understand at first glance.

Lets look at another example that uses similar logic. Snowflakes. You can make fun of this argument all you want but just realize THIS IS NOT MY PROOF FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD. You go out and find me two snowflakes that are identical. You can't. Yet each one consists of six identical points. Things like these could not have simply adapted.

If you look at everything around us its difficult to say that it all happened by chance alone. There has to be some uncaused cause that resulted in everything.

EDIT: Sorry. Could've gone deeper, but can't be bothered now. I'm way tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom