Hacking exFAT card concern

DVDVDcz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have NS on 4.1.0 that never touched anything custom. I want to order NS Atmosphere dongle from AliExpress and buy SX OS license from https://axiogame.com. Then use
200GB SanDisk Ultra micro SDXC. That is the problem. I would need to format the SD card on PC to FAT32 to be detected. Then make NAND backup and create emunand. Now the question is, if I update emunand to 6.1.0 via ChoiDujour NX, does it already include exFAT support update, so I can then reformat the card again or it still needs to download that update? The guide I found to make it possible without updating is not user friendly and is leghty. Do new updates from certain point include exFAT support defaultly without any further actions? Are there any other flaws in my plan for NS?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No idea how sx's socalled 'emunand' works, but updating through choidujour nx asks you if you want to install the exfat patch.
that said, if you intend to use homebrew like emulators, you should probably just stay with fat32. it's less likely to corrupt data on sd card.

DVDVDcz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No idea how sx's socalled 'emunand' works, but updating through choidujour nx asks you if you want to install the exfat patch.
that said, if you intend to use homebrew like emulators, you should probably just stay with fat32. it's less likely to corrupt data on sd card.

However, after the update, even if it asks you, you still need internet connection right? That is what I want to avoid. Or is the patch possible to do through choidujour nx update install and I just did not understand it properly? Is it like an option you tick before update?

Also I plan on using only XCI files in combination with SD card and external HDD.

Last edited by DVDVDcz,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
However, after the update, even if it asks you, you still need internet connection right? That is what I want to avoid. Or is the patch possible to do through choidujour nx update install and I just did not understand it properly? Is it like an option you tick before update?

no, you shouldn't need any online connection and yes, basically it's an option.
here's a video of how it looks for the visuals

DVDVDcz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please do not recommend this video to anyone. It has bricked several users.

Therefore, what is the proper way to resolve my issue? I want to use XCI games in emunand via SX OS without burning fuses and even keep 4.1 OFW if possible.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Therefore, what is the proper way to resolve my issue? I want to use XCI games in emunand via SX OS without burning fuses and even keep 4.1 OFW if possible.
Just use ChoiDujourNX but don't follow the video. The original GBATemp thread has sufficient instructions for anyone to use it.

DVDVDcz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just use ChoiDujourNX but don't follow the video. The original GBATemp thread has sufficient instructions for anyone to use it.

So just use this thread - https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/ ? What about that AutoRCM? How does it work, if I want to keep OFW on 4.1 and update emunand to newest 6.1 to be able to play new XCI games? If I update emunand via ChoiDujourNX, will it then automatically always go to emunand, if volume + is not pushed, with which I would get to SX OS? How do I get to OFW? There would be only option CFW for that 4.1. Burning fuses would be problem only one that emunand, which should not be checking fuses right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just use this thread - https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/ ? What about that AutoRCM? How does it work, if I want to keep OFW on 4.1 and update emunand to newest 6.1 to be able to play new XCI games? If I update emunand via ChoiDujourNX, will it then automatically always go to emunand, if volume + is not pushed, with which I would get to SX OS? How do I get to OFW? There would be only option CFW for that 4.1. Burning fuses would be problem only one that emunand, which should not be checking fuses right?
If your not updating your firmware, just toggle off AutoRCM during the installation process. AutoRCM is only installed by default to prevent fuses from being burnt since most people typically use ChoiDujourNX to update their firmware without burning fuses. And if you forget to toggle off AutoRCM during the installation process, you can just remove it with the payload briccmii (although I'm fairly certain Hekate can remove it as well).

DVDVDcz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your not updating your firmware, just toggle off AutoRCM during the installation process. AutoRCM is only installed by default to prevent fuses from being burnt since most people typically use ChoiDujourNX to update their firmware without burning fuses. And if you forget to toggle off AutoRCM during the installation process, you can just remove it with the payload briccmii (although I'm fairly certain Hekate can remove it as well).

But I need to update emunand throug it to 6.1 to be able to play new games which require update. I want to keep OFW on 4.1 to play my original games I have so far and use SX OS emunand updated to 6.1 to play XCI games.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I need to update emunand throug it to 6.1 to be able to play new games which require update. I want to keep OFW on 4.1 to play my original games I have so far and use SX OS emunand updated to 6.1 to play XCI games.
Updating EmuNAND won't affect the fuse count because in order to boot into EmuNAND, you need to send the SX OS payload which, as of version 1.2, bypasses the fuse check.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I cannot see anything dangerous in the video. it barely shows choidujourNX usage!
Its negatively impacted at least 6 users.

DVDVDcz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Updating EmuNAND won't affect the fuse count because in order to boot into EmuNAND, you need to send the SX OS payload which, as of version 1.2, bypasses the fuse check.

Thank you. Now only thing I need is to find 6.1 firmware for choidujour nx somewhere on the internet. So far, I only found 6.0.1 on official NS Atmosphere website - http://www.ns-atmosphere.com/en/. I will use their dongle with SX OS linces and want to eliminate BAN risk as much as possible, if I will not be using online functions and updating OFW so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning