Hacking plz help switch blue screen

Ahmed-q8-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
as i began the process of installing cfw i found out that i had to update my switch in order to use my 64gb sdxc card.so I followed a guide on Youtube on how to use my sd card without updating the switch.

Anyways as I finished following the guide and rebooted my switch I ended up with a blue screen on startup and now it is bricked, like an idiot I didn't make a NAND backup either. Is there any way to fix it or do I have to replace my switch.

The guide I followed on Youtube was this

D

Deleted User

One of the biggest warnings of CFW is NEVER, EVER, use Youtube tutorials. Use the switch.hacks.guide site.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Seriously...This Youtube video AGAIN???

We NEED to get this video taken down. This is far from the first time the reported video has been the cause of a Bricked Switch...

xcez_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem is i cant get to work any payload i get a black screen with hekate and a glitchy screen with any other payload , so i cant use memloader to restore the nand with hacdiskmount, im on 6.0.1

FMCore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wisdom_of_the_ancients.png

OP, you probably should post how you fixed it, so that others can fix it if they run into the problem.

issayloki

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
My problem is i cant get to work any payload i get a black screen with hekate and a glitchy screen with any other payload , so i cant use memloader to restore the nand with hacdiskmount, im on 6.0.1

I think you should call out @Canna for help ;) he is very expert on this bricking thing. Btw do you try to just format sd card and just get only the file for get into RCM? I mean nothing else apart from hekate 4.2 files. Good luck

Reactions: xcez_

xcez_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should call out @Canna for help ;) he is very expert on this bricking thing. Btw do you try to just format sd card and just get only the file for get into RCM? I mean nothing else apart from hekate 4.2 files. Good luck
I've tried to format it and copying the sd files again is that ok?. Does it matter if it is exfat or fat32?, i think the exfat update was the cause of brick, thanks for replying

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could of updated your switch using ChoiDujourNX, it gives you the option of installing latest FW with exfat support & theres a way of installing exfat update with ChoiDujourNX without updating FW.

xcez_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could of updated your switch using ChoiDujourNX, it gives you the option of installing latest FW with exfat support & theres a way of installing exfat update with ChoiDujourNX without updating FW.
i was already on the latest firmware 6.0.1 i updated the exfat trough wifi by accident on the ofw when it prompted lol. so idk i that affected anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.