Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiser said:
DeltaBurnt said:
The next generation handhelds are coming...maybe...

Again this is all pretty much rumors but I'd be very happy to see the DS2 be more powerful than the PSP2.

Also even though I got a DSi it'll still be 2011 at best before the DS2 even comes to America, so I won't be mad at all.

I highly doubt the DS2 will outpower the PSP2.

Even though Nintendo has had some awesome games out for their consoles/handhelds (which nets them their sales), Sony has outpowered them in practically every generation.

Well if you go by the rumors then the DS2 will be as powerful if not more powerful than the PSP2.

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
The DS2 and PSP2 may be coming, but not in 2010, not 2011 either. The WiiHD also won't be coming in 2011 like people says.

QUOTE said:
We also learned of the PSP2 planned release date, but in order to protect our sources, we'll keep that information for another story. Let's just say it is within the next 12 months.

Just a way to tell that they don't know anything and talking out of their ass.
going by Nintendo's standards, there has been a new system out every two years starting with the GBA.

I believe this.

Also, I doubt piracy is going to be so easy. I don't mind any of this as long as prices are reasonable(what happened to hand helds being cheap?!) and battery life is 7+ hours

XtremeCore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark_linis said:
Giga_Gaia said:
The DS2 and PSP2 may be coming, but not in 2010, not 2011 either. The WiiHD also won't be coming in 2011 like people says.

QUOTE said:
We also learned of the PSP2 planned release date, but in order to protect our sources, we'll keep that information for another story. Let's just say it is within the next 12 months.

Just a way to tell that they don't know anything and talking out of their ass.
going by Nintendo's standards, there has been a new system out every two years starting with the GBA.

I believe this.

Also, I doubt piracy is going to be so easy. I don't mind any of this as long as prices are reasonable(what happened to hand helds being cheap?!) and battery life is 7+ hours

Actually, there are 2 examples whereby Nintendo release 2 handhelds of different generation or different iteration at the same time. One would be GameBoy Micro, annouced alongside with the Nintendo DS, and the other will Virtual Boy (although it failed) alongside with the orginal GameBoy.

So, technically, it is POSSIBLE to have a new generation charging down as long as the current generation last for more than 2 years. Keep in mind that the DSi and PSPGo are just reiteration of the current generation.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Gameboy had a lifespan of roughly 12 years between the original brick, the Pocket and the Color, all of which are essentially the same unit aside from form factor and the color screen on the last model. The Gameboy launched in Japan in April of 1989 and it's true successor being the Gameboy Advance launched in 2001 in Japan, 12 years and 11 months after the original Gameboy had been released. The GBA SP and Micro are just revisions in a smaller form factor, they are not true next generation units or successors to the original GBA aside from the Micro being unable to play original Gameboy and Color games. The Gameboy Pocket came out in 1996, 7 years after the release of the original Gameboy and the Color came out in 1998. A 5 year lifespan is about how long most home consoles have lasted, the Gameboy lasting a decade was nothing short of a surprise and somewhat of a miracle in gaming, seeing as how the graphics by the mid 90's were starting to look awfully dated. Roughly 118 million Gameboy units have been sold (not including GBA) so I guess for Nintendo there was no reason to stop a good thing. Had they actually created a more powerful handheld at least 5 years before the GBA originally launched, we might be looking at a more powerful system, but they chose to ride their most popular device ever.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DS2 and PSP2 aren't in production. They are not coming in 2010. That article is fake.

Especially since Sony is planning to release the PSP4000 soon. So the PSP2 won't come in 2010, not even in development yet. Sony may be stupid, but they just released the PSPGo, are planning to release the PSP4000, I doubt they will put the PSP2 out for a couple of years.

As for the DS2, forget it, the DSi was just released, they still haven't exploited it yet, seeing how the first DSi only game is still not out. The DS also is selling way too well to release a new one, especially since it's 100% sure the sells will surpass the sales of the ps2.

That article is just as reliable source as me or even my grandparents (who don't know anything about those things at all)

In case you haven't noticed, consoles hardwares lifespan is getting bigger. Look at the PS3 and the 360, who are planned for a 10 years life, the portables devices are also going for longer. Only exception is the Wii, I see Nintendo releasing something new way earlier then Sony and MS.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Giga_Gaia said:
The DS also is selling way too well to release a new one, especially since it's 100% sure the sells will surpass the sales of the ps2.
Yep, I don't see Nintendo rolling out a new handheld until that happens. Which should probably be next year (or maybe even this Christmas?!)
rofl.gif

Well, realistically, Sony could actually shell the PSP2 out in 2010, it's not like they said it's gonna be out on January 2010, we could be talking about November 2010, and that seems a pretty solid release date, since Sony is probably gonna play the "whoever-gets-first" game with Nintendo.

DS2 should be out for 2011.

DrYHeLL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:
The DS2 and PSP2 aren't in production. They are not coming in 2010. That article is fake.

Especially since Sony is planning to release the PSP4000 soon. So the PSP2 won't come in 2010, not even in development yet. Sony may be stupid, but they just released the PSPGo, are planning to release the PSP4000, I doubt they will put the PSP2 out for a couple of years.

As for the DS2, forget it, the DSi was just released, they still haven't exploited it yet, seeing how the first DSi only game is still not out. The DS also is selling way too well to release a new one, especially since it's 100% sure the sells will surpass the sales of the ps2.

That article is just as reliable source as me or even my grandparents (who don't know anything about those things at all)

In case you haven't noticed, consoles hardwares lifespan is getting bigger. Look at the PS3 and the 360, who are planned for a 10 years life, the portables devices are also going for longer. Only exception is the Wii, I see Nintendo releasing something new way earlier then Sony and MS.

Sir if I may, I would like to shake your hand in gratitude for bringing common sense into this discussion.

Now if I may ask the rest of you.

Seriously? You guys are eating this up. Its as if you guys are hungry for the internet and are devouring all the rumors and shitting out theories based upon your sunday brunch.

Of course, I am just one big troll, so don't mind me.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt that this article is true as well, but Sony is not making a PSP-4000. Or rather, they already did. It was the PSP Go, which is out now. Before it was called the Go, they had rumors of a PSP without the UMD slot. That turned out to be the PSPGo. It was called in some earlier articles the PSP-4000, they are one in the same.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposedly the DS2 is supposed to be announced late next year, so technically it would come out on 2011.

Makes you wonder how powerful the next-gen consoles would be...

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:

1. Source about how you know they're not in production and aren't coming in 2010 (they're probably not coming in 2010 but being announced then).
2. All the reports about the rumored soon to come PSP 4000 are guess what!? RUMORS! Meaning they're probably fake, so you call this article fake then go and completely believe other crap rumors. You sir are the smartest person alive.
3. This happens ALOT, a gaming company will release a somewhat crappy next installment to a console/handheld line and then a year or two later release the true predecessor. Plus these are not even supposed to be announced til LATE 2010. So going by general timing of releases we probably won't get these in America until late 2011 at best.
4. Your right, but it's better than nothing. That's like me saying the bible is as a reliable source as me or my grandparents but people still cling to it like it's a million dollar bill.
5. Wow...really? Have you not seen the pattern of releases for the PSP!? Every year they're releasing a new version, same for the ipod touch, and DS's are about two and half years apart. Meaning that when these newer handhelds are released they won't be any earlier than most other releases.

You people seem to act like these articles are saying that the PSP2 and DS2 are coming out tomorrow.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
DeltaBurnt said:
Plus these are not even supposed to be announced til LATE 2010. So going by general timing of releases we probably won't get these in America until late 2011 at best.
This. Predictions are one or both companies will anounce a new handheld at the Tokyo Game Show, held in September.

QUOTE(ganons @ Oct 18 2009, 03:58 AM) What games on iPhone are threatening ds and psp?
Rolando.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You say that I said the PSP4000 is just a rumor, it might be, but the chances of it happening are greater then the PSP2. In fact, it's kinda obvious Sony will do it, because that would be the last version of the PSP with UMD.

More reliables sources says the PSP4000 will have UMD drive, 16GB Internal memory and the bluetooth thing that came with the PSPGo. It's the PSPX000 models with PSPGo components.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raulpica said:
It seems that the DS2 will be the powerhouse of the next generation, along with the PSP2.

I can't wait to see the homebrew capabilities of those two beasts
smileipb2.png

I can't wait to see the price tags of those beasts
smileipb2.png

D

Deleted_171835

Maz7006 said:
raulpica said:
It seems that the DS2 will be the powerhouse of the next generation, along with the PSP2.

smileipb2.png

smileipb2.png

You do know that technology gets cheaper over time.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this new PSP2 can improve its emulation, especially N64 emulation. I wanna play Smash Bros on the PSP!
laugh.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Revolutionize said:
Maz7006 said:
raulpica said:

smileipb2.png

smileipb2.png

You do know that technology gets cheaper over time.

Oh yeah like the PSPGo
tongue.gif
it´s $ony we are talking about.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to get it.. I am glad I am not buying PSP Go.. its a crap! I am fine with psp 1001 and now psp2... can't wait!

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
RockmanForte said:
I am going to get it.. I am glad I am not buying PSP Go.. its a crap! I am fine with psp 1001 and now psp2... can't wait!
its not true... at least most of us think so.

i just want a psp that can play warez :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nTzbgDGWM