Hacking Excitebots..I semi-bricked wii...advice please?

  • Thread starter Thread starter spainy
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,384
  • Replies Replies 8

spainy

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
Website
Visit site
XP
11
Country
Firstly Hi

New member to this community. So Ive done something foolishly basic. I allowed a NTSC version of Excitebots to update my PAL wii, resulting in it being semi-bricked, ie. I cannot access my settings. My question is will I be able to wait for a newer PAL game to come out, and allow that to update the system in order to fix the problem, or is there something I can do now? I have read through lots of forums looking for an answer, but to be honest, as a newb to all this, I was left more confused. Appreciate any advice from anyone who knows an answer

Cheers
Spainy
 
Ok. Try using ciosdowngrader to revert back to a previuos firmware and then either install starfall/preloader or boot it throu geeckoOS
 
are you using a modchip? or are you using softmod? what sysmenu are you on? do you have preloader or starfall installed? sorry for asking these questions but having a bit more clarification can help us provide you with an accurate way to recover your semi-bricked wii

if you can boot homebrew still then either use ciosdowngrader or any region changer, i prefer any region changer as it seems to work better than cios downgrader.

run ARC and select your region and your sys menu version you would like to install, make sure you are connected to wifi and away you go..
 
Valgreen said:
are you using a modchip? or are you using softmod? what sysmenu are you on? do you have preloader or starfall installed? sorry for asking these questions but having a bit more clarification can help us provide you with an accurate way to recover your semi-bricked wii

if you can boot homebrew still then either use ciosdowngrader or any region changer, i prefer any region changer as it seems to work better than cios downgrader.

run ARC and select your region and your sys menu version you would like to install, make sure you are connected to wifi and away you go..

Thanks for the reply
Have a modchip installed, no idea which one. No idea which sysmenu. I do have starfall installed, but not sure how to use it. I can boot homebrew, but dont see anyregionchanger in there. again, sorry, but i really am new to this.
Regards
Spainy
 
http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/cIOS-Downgrader_v1.2.zip


Download that and extract files.
Rename the .dol file to BOOT.dol
put boot.dol in ur sd card in directory apps/Ciosdowngrader/boot.dol

go to Homebrew channel and Run ciosdowngrader

Pick 3.2E since ur a Pal console.
fixed
smile.gif

Thank me!
 

Site & Scene News