Exception error with games... Can anyone help please?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Mattyovers, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Mattyovers
    OP

Newcomer Mattyovers Newbie

United Kingdom
    I recently got backups of Need for speed undercover, and Star Wars the force unleashed... I have wasted 8 disc's in trying to get this to work on my Wii.

When I try to use ImgBurn I get a error:
    [​IMG]

Then I try Nero and I get this error:
    [​IMG]

Details: I am using DVD+RW that I know do work, because I have tried it with Animal Crossing and the game works without any problems, and I burned it with ImgBurn. I have also tried these applications Power ISO, and I get "No disc in drive" with power ISO, and when I ignore the message I get with Nero I get this on screen:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Info:
    NFSU-Wiired.iso = PAL English
    SWTFU-wirred.iso = PAL English

Both files over 4.0gb.

You can speak technical because I am quite bright at computers.

Thanks.

2. IronMask

Member IronMask Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!

United States
    "Details: I am using DVD+RW that I know do work, because I have tried it with Animal Crossing and the game works without any problems, and I burned it with ImgBurn."

Your words ^^^^

DVD+RW ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE USED FOR CREATING BACKUPS ****DVD-R**** From tons of burning experience of Wii backups....DVD+R or DVD+RW are highy recommended discs to stay away from when burning backups. And if you do use DVD+Rs set the booktype as DVD-R.

[​IMG] Get you some DVD-Rs.... your Wii drive will love you a little more. [​IMG]

Please stop using DVD+ anything only DVD-Rs... Got it?

3. Mattyovers
    OP

United Kingdom
    Sorry I just looked at my disc's I thought they were DVD+RW when there not, they are DVD-R 16x 4.7gb made by Datawrite.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Hmm, + or - isn't a big difference, and R or RW is a even smaller difference.

I try to speak in noobish:
    If ImgBurn says: "Invalid or unsupported image file format!" your .iso is bad.

5. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
  6. Mattyovers
    OP

United Kingdom
    To be honest yes, and another thing, I did it because I created the topic then I was getting no reply's in about 45 minutes, so I thought I put it in the wrong category so i decided to post it here instead, and as soon as I did you made a reply. Also why do you keep quoting what I said when I said you can speak technically, you are just mocking me.

7. Mattyovers
    OP

United Kingdom
    Just because I am new to the site, does not make a noob, so don't insult me, just type Mattyovers in youtube then you will find what comes up, I know VB and C#, I am just kind of new to the Wii hacking thats all, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

8. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    by the looks of the image the iso is bad or corrupted, check the rars agaist the sfv file that should have come with it, if it didnt have one then well go "re backup them" also dont use dvd-rw
    dvd+r work perfectly fine if bittsetted to dvd-rom as 20 of my backups are on dvd+r and every single one of them work