Ex-Infinity Ward bosses form a new studio, signs with EA

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This marks the end of the FPS era known as Call of Duty...now I know where to go in 4 years after I get my programming degree
tongue.gif

OOO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well.. CoD will still live on as Activision owns the rights to it and they can just assign it to Treyarch fulltime or some other little company they might buy or have already bought.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OOO said:
Well.. CoD will still live on as Activision owns the rights to it and they can just assign it to Treyarch fulltime or some other little company they might buy or have already bought.
Actually, Jason West and Vince Zampella own the rights to the Call of Duty series, not Activision, so they can continue to make CoD games for EA.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thoob said:
OOO said:
Actually, Jason West and Vince Zampella own the rights to the Call of Duty series, not Activision, so they can continue to make CoD games for EA.
You're kidding? Oh, wow, that's really great
yaywii.gif

That does make me think... Why was Treyarch allowed to develop CoD games? If I'm not mistaken, Infinity Ward themselves didn't agree with that at all!

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From EA to Activision BACK to EA. Not gunna lie the first thing i shouted when i saw this was YES! im getting tired of that prick Bobby Kotick. Well apprently it confirmed that the right to CoD are owned by jason n vince BUT the rights to the Modern Warfare franchise is apprently owned by Activision which i dont get but that what i heard.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gov78 said:
From EA to Activision BACK to EA. Not gunna lie the first thing i shouted when i saw this was YES! im getting tired of that prick Bobby Kotick. Well apprently it confirmed that the right to CoD are owned by jason n vince BUT the rights to the Modern Warfare franchise is apprently owned by Activision which i dont get but that what i heard.
Are you serious? That's got to be wrong. Modern Warfare is part of the Call of Duty franchise. How is Modern Warfare itself a franchise?

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
yay! get ready for micro payments up the ass with the next cod game from EA. every fuckin level will probably cost you 5 dollars to unlock.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So...
Infinity Ward + Activision = Modern Warfare + Modern Warfare 2
Activision = Call of Duty Games that are not Modern Warfare
Infinity Ward holds Call of Duty name?

huh?
i am a little confused...
as long as Infinity Ward continues the Modern Warfare franchise, than I am okay. I want to know what MW3 will be like [that campaign was a cliff hanger. there better be a 3rd].

another thing...
you guys said Infinity Ward holds the CoD name? then what'll happen with CoD7?

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dunno if u guys heard but there new company is called Respawn Entertainment. Pretty big kick in the balls to activision First they leave then they use that name.

Also 12 People left IW meaning it likely that the next MW game wont be anyware near as good a the first (imo 2nd was okay but could of been a million times better)

IW Leavers SAUCE!

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
So...
Infinity Ward + Activision = Modern Warfare + Modern Warfare 2
Activision = Call of Duty Games that are not Modern Warfare
Infinity Ward holds Call of Duty name?

huh?
i am a little confused...
as long as Infinity Ward continues the Modern Warfare franchise, than I am okay. I want to know what MW3 will be like [that campaign was a cliff hanger. there better be a 3rd].

another thing...
you guys said Infinity Ward holds the CoD name? then what'll happen with CoD7?
Treyarch is making the next CoD

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thoob said:
OOO said:

Actually i'm pretty sure activision own the rights as, although the founders of infinity ward left the developer is still there and own the rights to call of duty and since activision own infinity ward they, in a sense, own the rights to call of duty but i do believe jason and vince are planing to sue activision for the rights. Well i guess we'll see how it unfolds inn due time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, it seems that dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, they might be going...