Hacking EX Flash 3 in 1 Problem

Hylianzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched this board for over an hour before making my post, but I didn't find anything similar to my issue.

I have a CycloDS, EZ Flash 3in1, and a DS lite. Everything has been working great, up until today, for the last 8 month or so. Well, I tried to play a GBA ROM tonight and the 3in1 loads the game like normal, gives me the Gameboy/Nintendo screen with the ding, and then goes into a pure white screen and freezes. I tried more games, it all does the same thing. I grabbed this:

http://filetrip.net/f9372-GBA-ExpLoader-0-58b0.html

and it seems to work. But up until now I had been selecting them from the ROM menu just like DS roms, so I'm not sure whats going on. Anyone have any insight?

Hylianzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... What I'm not understanding is why all of a sudden, with no changes to my set up, I have to start doing things different and I don't understand why my games just up and stopped working.

Hylianzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when I first start using them all I had to do was click on them the same way I was using a DS ROM. I don't know what that was, but that's what I'm trying to repair now. Is there a way to just wipe all memory on my 3in1? I think I'd like to start fresh with both Cards.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
A simple way to wipe a 3in1's NOR memory is to launch/flash a game(any game except the one currently flashed to it) and wait until the CycloDS finishes erasing and turn off your DS.

Hylianzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that.

A quick note: I bought my mom a CycloDS and EZ 3in1 combo for her birthday. He cyclo DS won't pick up on GBA games at all, but her 3in1 works with mine properly, like mine used to.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Hylianzero said:
I'll try that.

A quick note: I bought my mom a CycloDS and EZ 3in1 combo for her birthday. He cyclo DS won't pick up on GBA games at all, but her 3in1 works with mine properly, like mine used to.
So GBA games don't show up at all for her? Open the config.xml in the CycloDS folder and if you see 0 change it to 1

Hylianzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright! That fixed the GBA issue with the second CycloDS.

I couldn't get my NOR/SRAM to wipe trying that method though. I think I might just get a new 3in1...

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Hylianzero said:
Alright! That fixed the GBA issue with the second CycloDS.

I couldn't get my NOR/SRAM to wipe trying that method though. I think I might just get a new 3in1...
You can launch them with GBA Exploader, yes? Then I don't see any reason for you to buy a new one. It might be a bit inconvenient having to open GBA Exploader whenever you want to launch a GBA game however you can still play GBA games.

Hylianzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried opening it last week, but one side was glued together and i couldn't get it open without breaking it. New one it is, thanks for all your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro