Hacking eWin2 Apps List

yankees26eac92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone give me a good list of all the important applications that will or will not run on the eWin2. Also, can the Opera browser run on it. Thanks

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've never even heard of this product until today.... Just get a DSTT, 3-in-1 combo, like I've mentioned a lot before.... This can't play GBA, or rumble, or Opera.... It also seems incredibly outdated, so there will be a lot of games not working for it.... Also, I don't think this even has DLDI support....

yankees26eac92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it does not have a DLDI because it has its own patcher. If you look at the reviews on this website you can see all about it. The best thing about it is that it is only $3.99
biggrin.gif
at Sky2k. I do not really care about GBA but I do care about price. It seems pretty reliable with games but I am still researching it. although I still really like the DSTT.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd rather have something that everyone knows about rather then something where no one knows how to do anything. You might have problems with it, and no one can help you with it if you do.

If it says it has its own patcher, that's usually very old, and the new Homebrews and such wouldn't work, since I've heard of lots of products in the past where it said it has it own patcher, which all failed. They were all terrible, so none of them were ever recommended.

Also, probably from its price and how old it is, you can probably play almost slim to none DS games.......

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
That $3.99 thing looks like a mistake. It's the same price as the Rumble Pak!

If it's for real, it's a good deal, but you still might regret getting a slot-2 card, especially a low-end one. EDGE is the way to go for cheap cards, dude.

yankees26eac92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, all I know is that it is dirt cheap, the reviews are fairly good, and it does basically everything I want. Besides, if it turns out to be bad, its not like I spent $50 bucks on it. But really all I want to know is a list of applications or at least a website were I can get it. I will say it again, I LIKE the DSTT so I know there are many alternatives. I just thought it would be alright to try it out. If it works, great, but if its a dud, not a big deal. Thanks for your opinions because I have never had a flashcard(except a GnM, if that even counts
wink2.gif
) and I would like to learn all that I can from everyone.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, all I know is that it is dirt cheap, the reviews are fairly good, and it does basically everything I want. Besides, if it turns out to be bad, its not like I spent $50 bucks on it. But really all I want to know is a list of applications or at least a website were I can get it. I will say it again, I LIKE the DSTT so I know there are many alternatives. I just thought it would be alright to try it out. If it works, great, but if its a dud, not a big deal. Thanks for your opinions because I have never had a flashcard(except a GnM, if that even counts
wink2.gif
) and I would like to learn all that I can from everyone.
See, that's another bad thing about the Ewin team. The build quality of their products is incredible, but their support is terrible. Pretty much all that's available is a Chinese language forum. I love my Ewin Expansion Pak hardware-wise and appearance-wise, but in the past five months (or maybe longer) they've introduced just two software updates (and the second one was mostly consmetic), none of which address the major shortcomings in terms of support. Only this week has a third-party solution become available which should in due time bring compatibility close to 100%. And the Ewin2 is worse, in that it's pretty much a thing of the past now.

Edit: Your point about price is reasonable, but keep in mind that if you do go with the Ewin2, you'll still have to pay for the NoPass and separate shipping for the two, so if you save anything at all over an EDGE, it won't be much. I'm not seeing any NoPasses for less than $10.

I still say the convenience and compatibility of a slot-1 card is worth the $5 or so extra you'll likely end up paying.

yankees26eac92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I see your point. And I did some quick math and it turns out that a DSTT and shipping is less than the eWin2 + shipping and a Pass We 3 + shipping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-