Evercade CFW and adding ROMS without EverSD?

THX-1138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got various rk tools installed for other devices and past projects, there are also tons of 'devtools' out there for RK devices. Of all I've tried, they either do not detect the chipset, are from source and fail to compile or are documented in Chinese.

Can you link or recommend something specific I can use in Linux that is known to work?

THX-1138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have rkdeveloptool and I've had zero success with it up to now. I can't link to the one I have because this site wont let me post links, but it's for Linux and has to be compiled from source, which I did, but it cannot read from the Evercade successfully.

Can you give me the links to the Windows ones please, I can't find them and I just want this done. I will install a VM and freakin Windows if I really have to just to get these json files.

Last edited by THX-1138,

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea where I got the windows exe from but this is the github for the source: https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rkdeveloptool
Here is the squashFS stuff (windows release link in the "about" section): https://github.com/AgentD/squashfs-tools-ng

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but do you have evercade drivers installed on your machine AND you hooked up the handheld to your machine via USB while off, then held MENU while powering on (screen stays black)?

The same drivers and procedure used to update the FW are required to use the tools I mentioned.

Hope you find this helpful.

THX-1138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't need drivers in Linux for the Evercade. Yeah, was powered on with the Menu button held down. Yes, that's the rkdeveloptool I tried to post a link to (won't let me as this is a new account), and squashfs is installed on my system.

I've just tried a new cable and reset my computer and I'm now (as root) able to read some basic info via rkdeveloptool (it's a command line app) like device ID and a partition list etc. OK, I think I can dump the filesystem.

Last edited by THX-1138,

THX-1138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Success. I dumped the partition and then mounted the disk image to get the files from opt. Thanks for the help, I can now fix the Namco carts. :)

ruffnutts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could make a card Reader/Writer using a Pico or Pico w and old cart port from GBA and breadboard and jumper cables no soldering like this video ;)

Might give it a go :)

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone tried custom flash carts on the EXP? Apparently the everSD isn't working but what about a DIY cart?
DIY Carts don't work either. It's not the flash cart that's the issue, it's the security on the EXP.
If you have a 512MB or smaller micro SD card and you dump one of your own retail cartridges to it and pop it in your EverSD it WILL work on the EXP because you are satisfying the security requirements of the EXP operating system.

TL;DR - the EverSD hardware isn't the problem, it's needing an EverPatcher version for the EXP to override the security lockouts in the OS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: