Hacking European DSi firmware update.

Drueth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I figure a lot of people are going to be asking this question shortly if they haven't already, so I thought I might as well be the one to start a thread.

Basically looking for anyone who has info on whether the firmware update for the european DSi blocks flash carts or not.

Confirmed - European DSi updated to 1.3E firmware works with the AK2i.

For clarity, my setup is:
European DSi
Firmware 1.3E
Acekard 2i
AKAIO 1.4.1

By all accounts current firmware 1.3J/1.3A released in Japan/Australia respectively does not block the AK2i, so it's reasonable to expect the same for the euro version, though naturally people will be wanting confirmation of this.
smile.gif

I also appreciate that it's entirely possible that nobody has an answer for this yet as the release for the DSi (in the UK anyway) is not till tomorrow (actually, today now) - I'll be going down at 9am to collect mine.
smile.gif

(PS. been lurking here for a while but never had cause to post before, so, hi
smile.gif
)

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Drueth said:
I figure a lot of people are going to be asking this question shortly if they haven't already, so I thought I might as well be the one to start a thread.

Basically looking for anyone who has info on whether the firmware update for the european DSi blocks flash carts or not.

By all accounts current firmware 1.3J/1.3A released in Japan/Australia respectively does not block the AK2i, so it's reasonable to expect the same for the euro version, though naturally people will be wanting confirmation of this.
smile.gif

I also appreciate that it's entirely possible that nobody has an answer for this yet as the release for the DSi (in the UK anyway) is not till tomorrow (actually, today now) - I'll be going down at 9am to collect mine.
smile.gif

smile.gif
)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Can I ask you to do this!? Before you update, could you download the DSi Browser and use that to see if it asks for a firmware update when you try to use it?

Drueth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
Drueth said:

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif
)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Can I ask you to do this!? Before you update, could you download the DSi Browser and use that to see if it asks for a firmware update when you try to use it?

I don't think that will be possible... you need to update before you can get to the DSi Shop to download the browser AFAIK.
frown.gif
Will need to wait for next firmware update if that's the case.

If not, I will do as you suggest and post the result - I'd be interested to know this too as the DSi browser is really the only thing I want from the shop, so if I could get it and then never have to worry about updating again that'd be nice.
smile.gif

NavadeHo
Check my thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144...t&p=1871342

Good to know! And the AK2i still works fine?

Drueth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Confirmed, European DSi updated to 1.3E firmware works with the AK2i.
smile.gif

Sorry G2K, as I suspected you need to update before you can download the browser.

phpgeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Just another boring post to confirm compatability.

European DSi + 1.3E Firmware + AK2i (English) = flawless
smile.gif

I'm off to play, bye...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==