Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok news in from last night (yeah I'm late, shut it I gotta sleep) that No More Heroes will be bloodless in Europe most probably because of the Manhunt 2 stupidness that happened. So yes us living in this union will get done over again, but then I kinda liked the look of the Japanese game so not a bad thing for me, but those hoping for blood will probably better off importing the US version.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=31103

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thank my lucky stars that i was impatient and brought my wii from usa. the coins look so stupid imo why cant they just leave the blood aint like they ban film like texas chainsaw massacre the begging that had some of the most fucked up shit iv seen in a movie. owell guess i just have to wait for the usa release and import it

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the Japanese version was the first, and had no blood but I just object to the whole censorship in videogames over here, even though it was the developers who wanted to change it.

TV, books & music is pretty much stronger over here than the versions the US and other countries get, so why not video games? TV can be accessed at any time and most kids have tellys in their own rooms so they can pretty much see a man in a ape costume screw a girl (last night on Channel 5 there was just that!) and on another channel there was some graphic killings.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
thats horrible, (for legal gamers
evil.gif
)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
They should just replace the blood with torrents of nude women instead of coins, seeing as the US is much more uptight about boobies than blood.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't see how blood can be considered something inappropriate for children.. I think any kid knows that if you cut or shoot someone, there'll be blood...
I don't think any parent thinks "So, this game is about killing hookers and robbing cars.. my son will like this.. OH WAIT! IT HAS BLOOD! MY KID CAN'T PLAY IT!"

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I reckon it's nothing to do with manhunt , and all to do with the Germans. Always the Germans.

It was their fault Ninja gaiden was censored here. They get separate versions of UT , their bioshock was censored. Wouldn't surprise me if it was because of them and the company didn't want to make two separate versions (one for the Germans , and one for everyone else).

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, was reading about this on GoNintendo yesterday. Though I'm no fan of gratituitous violence, it's kind of the essense of this game -- the theme, if you will. So, I am sympathetic for European Wii owners. Myself, I'll be enjoying the constant blood splash of the U.S. version. Guess it sometimes pays to be a fat American.
tongue.gif

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
please not its not fault of the german player... its fault of the rulings in germany and almost no gamer (at least nobody I know of) agree with them!

Kohijin

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I reckon it's nothing to do with manhunt , and all to do with the Germans. Always the Germans.

It was their fault Ninja gaiden was censored here. They get separate versions of UT , their bioshock was censored. Wouldn't surprise me if it was because of them and the company didn't want to make two separate versions (one for the Germans , and one for everyone else).

I think it actually has a lot to do with the Manhunt 2 debate in the UK IMO. Being German I doubt that our stupid rating system has that much influence beyond the borders. Like MK Armageddon and Godfather, RE Umbrella Chronicles for example did not get a rating here so it can't be sold here and one has to rely on PAL imports. No big deal for the rest of Europe.

I wouldn't really blame anyone besides Rockstar for their publicity stunt with an otherwise not very appealing game or Rising Star for chickening out, although the censored Japanese version seemed to sell reasonably well I can't really blame them to play it safe. Or blame Suda for his promise to make NMH more violent than MH2... (was not a very bright thing to say IMHO)

D

Deleted User

Please not its not fault of the german player... its fault of the rulings in germany and almost no gamer (at least nobody I know of)Â agree with them!
Exactly what I wanted to say. My version (actually both versions) of Resident Evil 4 are imported. The Wii version is the uncensored UK version and my GCN copy is a US disc. It's just an example but everyone I know of is importing uncensored versions of everything (not limited to videogames) as long as it's possible.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Speaking of Manhunt 2, I heard the decision got overturned and it's finally getting sold in the UK before Christmas. But whetever this will change Rising Star's decision still seems to be in the air.

coops024

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another bad move ... Lets look at history !

The English are some of the most violent people ever ! (and the Germans, but I'm not bitter cos we won)

The English have invaded and pillaged almost every other country in the world ... well the ones that we didnt discover !

So why would they take the blood out ? weve caused more bloodshead than they could fit in a videogame !

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

It makes me more angry when they do stuff like this !

*coops024 goes to get his gun !*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)