Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
SPH73 said:
This is possibly the most catastrophic development in gaming history.

If this happened to any other company you would never hear the end of it. Seriously, this is really the end.

They failed to capture the portable market. (Sony is still caught in the "gaming ghetto.")

They fail with the PS3 losing 4.7 billion. (Actually its closer to six billion now.)

They pay an obnoxious kid to go on the internet and mock the Wii by saying "Shove it up your ass, dildo, etc." And when that failed they ripped off the Wii mote directly.

They create animosity with almost every gamer on the planet by attacking Google, YouTube, and PS3 hackers.

They run offensive ads that mock religion, Jesus, Jews, Blacks, Women, Hispanics, Violence against Women, etc

And now this....

This is all the perfect shit storm of karma.
Now I'm sure that I'll lose nothing blocking your comments.
Well, a few of those thing are actually true, and the rest are exaggerations. He's shown a bit more intelligence than just anti Sony this and that. You'll lose every chance at rebuking his arguments with your own.
wink.gif

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Off topic: Not all games would be released for all other console if Sony went out of the market. For example Alan Wake was Xbox 360 exclusive because Microsoft payed Remedy Entertainment quite a bit of cash to get an exclusive release. This happens with a lot of games (Halo, God of War, Zelda, etc) if the game isn't owned by the company releasing the games (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft).

On topic: This is just sad. very sad. This is just identical to the way that Apple has used a lot of Nokia's patents while Nokia has used quite a few Apple patents (although the situation is quite different since Nokia actually owns a major part of mobile phone patents because they actually did quite a lot of R&D in the 90's and 2000's). Hopefully they get the restriction lifted. If Sony gets screwed and the PS3 becomes a banned import in the EU (or anywhere else for that matter), it's all of you people who want to get a new release on the release date that gets screwed (including me).

-Qtis

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they're at a stalemate for too long, they'll just be dumping money on these cases. and sony will lose a lot of potential revenue. from these ps3s being halted.

You know what would be a crazy twist? If Germany also put a halt on shipments.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
EJames2100 said:
Just a question, why now ?
Why not 5 years ago when it was released ?

Sony filed patent infringement complaints against LG last year, LG hit back with these claims.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
TheDarkSeed said:
If they're at a stalemate for too long, they'll just be dumping money on these cases. and sony will lose a lot of potential revenue. from these ps3s being halted.

QUOTEEuropean customs

um...what?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:
TheDarkSeed said:

QUOTEEuropean customs

um...what?

Well I'm pretty sure Germany is somewhere in Africa and nowhere near Europe, right?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Law said:
TwinRetro said:
TheDarkSeed said:

QUOTEEuropean customs

um...what?

Well I'm pretty sure Germany is somewhere in Africa and nowhere near Europe, right?

Somewhere between Egypt and South Africa, right?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
Maedhros said:
SPH73 said:

If this happened to any other company you would never hear the end of it. Seriously, this is really the end.

They failed to capture the portable market. (Sony is still caught in the "gaming ghetto.")

They fail with the PS3 losing 4.7 billion. (Actually its closer to six billion now.)

They pay an obnoxious kid to go on the internet and mock the Wii by saying "Shove it up your ass, dildo, etc." And when that failed they ripped off the Wii mote directly.

They create animosity with almost every gamer on the planet by attacking Google, YouTube, and PS3 hackers.

They run offensive ads that mock religion, Jesus, Jews, Blacks, Women, Hispanics, Violence against Women, etc

And now this....

Well, a few of those thing are actually true, and the rest are exaggerations. He's shown a bit more intelligence than just anti Sony this and that. You'll lose every chance at rebuking his arguments with your own.
wink.gif
he plays the part of the broken record perfectly though

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Argentum Vir said:
Maedhros said:
SPH73 said:

And now this....

wink.gif
He does not want to argue, he's just trolling. His personal statement:
"If you take anything I say seriously you deserve to be trolled."
Why do anyone have to take what he says seriously?
I'm not trying to win nothing here.

There are two extreme type of oppinions: The fanboys and the haters. Why can't people just argue on the gray area?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
There are two extreme type of oppinions: The fanboys and the haters. Why can't people just argue on the gray area?
People do argue in the 'gray area'... It's just the people on the extremes like to label anyone that isn't in 100% agreement with them as fanboy/hater.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Maedhros said:
People do argue in the 'gray area'... It's just the people on the extremes like to label anyone that isn't in 100% agreement with them as fanboy/hater.
Ah...so the killer is the one whom you least expect.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
EJames2100 said:
Just a question, why now ?
Why not 5 years ago when it was released ?
Because 5 years ago they wouldn't be able to claim that Sony's made (X amount of money) off of the systems.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent_ambush

EDIT: If they had done it right at the beginning they could have claimed something like "Sony's sold 5,000 systems with our technology, they owe us $5 per system!". However if they waited until Sony sold millions...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That a mess up way to get money. Knowing someone stole you tech and wait X years to say anything.
You think the person/people who waited X years to say something be at fault. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents