Gaming eshop download history

Exkorath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i am definitely getting Animal Crossing: New leaf, but what I am trying to decide between a physical or digital copy of it. I already have the physical copy on pre-order but i'm thinking getting it digital. My only concern about a digital copy though is that if is somehow gets deleted could i re-download it. Does Nintendo have something similar to Xbox's download history where i can re-download my game on my console , and maybe to a different one if i decide to get a new 3ds?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there is a download history, so you can redownload it. Just make sure, for worst-case-scenario purposes, that you have everything set up with your Club Nintendo account so it shows up in your download history (plus, coins!). You can't just "log in" on another console to have access to your stuff, you have to do a system transfer from the one unit to the other, removing it from the original one. However, if the first one gets lost, you have a better chance of a Nintendo rep helping you restore your account to a new system if it's tied to a Club Nintendo account just because it does show you bought the games (however, this isn't a guarantee that they will)

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can redownload it infinitely many times on one 3ds, and you have a limit of a 5 system transfer (transfer meaning it gets deleted from the one sending it)

Exkorath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like I'll probably just go with physical. Main reason is that I have had bad luck with Consoles in the past breaking randomly, and if my 3DS which has the game on it decides to commit suicide on me I'd rather just put a cartridge in a new one than talk to some random person on the phone that has a chance of restoring the game. Thanks for the info, it was very......informative :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok