ESA parts ways with E3 organiser; plans for a "complete reinvention" of the show for 2025

e3.jpg

It's been years since the last E3 show took place and we might not experience the event as it was before again. As reported by GamesIndustry.biz, the ESA, the trade association behind E3, has parted ways with PAX organizer ReedPop through a mutual decision. The two were supposed to join forces to launch E3 2024, as well as future shows, but the event was cancelled. Now that the companies will no longer be working together, GamesIndustry.biz's report notes that the ESA is "working on a complete reinvention of the E3 show for 2025".

“We appreciate ReedPop’s partnership over the past 14 months and support their ongoing efforts to bring industry and fans together through their various events,” said ESA president and CEO Stanley Pierre-Louis in the report. “While the reach of E3 remains unmatched in our industry, we are continuing to explore how we can evolve it to best serve the video game industry and are evaluating every aspect of the event, from format to location. We are committed to our role as a convenor for the industry and look forward to sharing news about E3 in the coming months.”

“We have enjoyed our time working with the ESA and appreciate their commitment to the games industry as a whole," says ReedPop's games events boss Kyle Marsden-Kish. "While we will not be involved with the future of E3 we look forward to seeing its evolution and where the ESA takes it.”

:arrow: SOURCE

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure how on earth they intend to bring E3 back without support of any of the big 3, and if it's gonna be a smaller event focused on smaller publishers then sadly that market has already been filled by conventions like PAX, GDC, Magfest, Toyko Game Show, Gamescom, etc. etc.

Reactions: Defective1Up

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even if they plan on going digital, Summer Gamefest already pretty much took it's place
I guess they could somehow make it more « open » with demos that people there can play early and stuff .... Idk that's just a guess. I like when Steam does that, maybe they can do something somewhat like that but in real life
While the reach of E3 remains unmatched in our industry
Damn they're coping hard

It was already loosing some relevance, then covid came to finish it very quick. This PR talk bruh

Reactions: Defective1Up

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would suggest to video game companies to hire/sponsor famous youtubers/twitchers/etc. from various area on the planet. Make them sign NDA, and allow them to test some of their stuff.
Then, at these event, these online celebrities will be the one to stream the event and will also present their feedback of the product they tested.

That is totally something I would love to see.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Honestly, while ill miss seeing all of the big companies host their new products here, I would rather just stick to Gamescom, Summer Games Fest, or any of the other shows that the big three have to offer along with the other small companies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Although I miss E3, I more miss the old vibe when E3 was a truly big event that was worth getting excited for. Sadly, those years are long gone and E3 has been a shallow husk for years now. They really need to just leave it dead and accept that it’s dead. Let it rest with what little dignity remains.

Alagara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dreams of meeting Adam Sessler & Morgan Webb during Microsofts surprise announcement of Halo 18 are DASHED.

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest to video game companies to hire/sponsor famous youtubers/twitchers/etc. from various area on the planet. Make them sign NDA, and allow them to test some of their stuff.
Then, at these event, these online celebrities will be the one to stream the event and will also present their feedback of the product they tested.

That is totally something I would love to see.
Thats the dumbest idea ive ever heard. famous youtubers lol. no ones famous from youtube. you must be a 40year old living in their basement.

Deleted member 656588

Trophies
XP
All these "replacement" shows have not been anywhere near as good as E3. I still don't understand the "Summer Game Fest" format either. I just want old E3 back. An entire week dedicated to big game news, the big three hosting conferences/video presentations and an in person even fans can attend. Gaming journalists bitched and moaned about covering it in the past but they're even more irrelevant now for coverage than they were in the past. Trailers, demos, Q&As on social media and bam. Also, FUCK bringing on cringe ass influencers and YouTubers. (I'm a hypocrite because I enjoy vtubers.)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I more miss the old vibe when E3 was a truly big event that was worth getting excited for. Sadly, those years are long gone
So, 2007, when they (under their free choice) committed suicide by making it an exclusive club for boring & bribed executive, then realized 2 years after what they'd done...

...but of course you can't make an interesting 3-day press release out of uninteresting stuff anyway (even the newer memes that came out of the E3 were lame compared to the PS3 launch)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto